If you hate Material Design, you will hate Windows 10

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
So they used a circle shape for a button?

I didn't know Google had the patent on circles.

Guess it's like how Apple has the Patent on the rectangular shape of mobile phones.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So they used a circle shape for a button?

I didn't know Google had the patent on circles.

Guess it's like how Apple has the Patent on the rectangular shape of mobile phones.

Kinda. Google introduced the Floating Actions Button and was news 'cause they created. =P

I don't care about it. I just want a nice design (and I like the W10 design).

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Kinda. Google introduced the Floating Actions Button and was news 'cause they created. =P

I don't care about it. I just want a nice design (and I like the W10 design).

If you ask me, the floating button on Material Design is a direct rip off of Facebook's messenger app that's been on Android way before anybody knew about Material Design. Google took Facebook's idea and since Microsoft owns 3% of Facebook technically Google stole it from them. :)

I kid about the last part, but that "floating icon" thing did exist before Google used it.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
If you ask me, the floating button on Material Design is a direct rip off of Facebook's messenger app that's been on Android way before anybody knew about Material Design. Google took Facebook's idea and since Microsoft owns 3% of Facebook technically Google stole it from them. :)

I kid about the last part, but that "floating icon" thing did exist before Google used it.

That's true. LOL

fremen567

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

This! I could have not said it better.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
We already know that Microsoft is taking some doubtful steps and using some things of Material Design.
But in the new OneNote, they had the ability to copy the "round button". Also called "Floating Action".
It is something used only in the Android Lollipop and other Google Services, etc, with the Material Design.
Buttons - Components - Google design guidelines

See the pic that Office Blog posted:
View attachment 94800

Do you realized that Material Design and MS metro are almost the same design, right? And counting that Metro came out three yrs prior Google shamefully copied MS' Metro design. MS it is just polishing Metro.

Last edited:

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Material Design and Metro/Modern Design are the same boring thing. The only difference between them is that while Metro works on a generally Black background with white accents, Material Design works on generally white backgrounds and black accents.

In that sense, I like Metro more than Material. Which is why I'm not updating my Android to Lollipop. I can deal with the horrible boring flat designs when they're mostly black. I can't deal with Kindergarten white and colourful designs like Material Design.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tharika1234