Outlook for iOS and Android: will it improve for Windows Phone too?

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So right now, people using outlook on iPhone and Android have better application than Windows itself... What Microsoft is trying to prove...that WIndows will have better apps but that after a year? so they themselves are saying that app gap is there?:unhappy:

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
They're saying they're a software company as well --- besides, Microsoft's apps aren't going to bring more users to Windows Phones. So it really makes no difference if they create them for Android or iOS first.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The email app and stuff is built in to the OS, and cannot be updated without an OS update, which they're doing anyway with Windows 10.

So waste resources bringing it to 8.1 where it'll be superseded by 10 anyway or work on 10 itself which is the current work in progress.

Also, legitimate question, how is that outlook app better? sure it's more colorful..

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
So right now, people using outlook on iPhone and Android have better application than Windows itself... What Microsoft is trying to prove...that WIndows will have better apps but that after a year? so they themselves are saying that app gap is there?:unhappy:
Will you just wait, do you realise that a lot of work goes into making applications, and with Windows 10 (which is coming soon, really soon), you'll be getting a better and more native experience which involved (and still does) a great deal of work. As TheCudder aptly stated that they're a software company and they must develop for other platforms. Microsoft's OS, as good as it may be, has a minute share in the industry and as a small Phone OS maker they must bow done to the others
I apologise if I came across as rude to you, but complaining won't help, it may as well **** them off.

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Also, legitimate question, how is that outlook app better? sure it's more colorful..

The reviews of the app are positive all around the web --- the new Outlook app is based on the Acompli app, which was acquired by Microsoft recently. Acompli didn't exist on Windows Phone, which is another reason why it hasn't arrived for us yet. The new Outlook app has some pretty deep integration that eliminates the need to leave to other apps or other parts of the OS to accomplish common e-mail tasks. It's the closest thing I've seen to the 'Desktop" Outlook application on mobile. Microsoft made a great move by purchasing Acompli.

Microsoft Outlook For iOS And Android Arrives, It Looks Excellent

What I like about the Outlook app is the direct interaction between e-mails and the calendar app.
Why Microsoft’s Outlook for iOS Leaves [Apple] Mail for Dead
Microsoft has addressed a bunch of common issues with mobile email apps that makes old Apple Mail look pretty lame.
Outlook good for Microsoft’s email app for iPhone, Android phones
AS crazy as this sounds, Microsoft might just have one of the best email apps for the iPhone and *Android phones.
The Best App for Gmail Is Made by ... Microsoft?
Microsoft just released its new Outlook email app for iPhone, and the first reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
They're saying they're a software company as well --- besides, Microsoft's apps aren't going to bring more users to Windows Phones. So it really makes no difference if they create them for Android or iOS first.
Exactly! This is their bread & butter. Microsoft didn't start building their own hardware till recently. Software has always been their main and for a (Long time) only means of revenue. Plus, it's good to see them take the total opposite position of Google, as far as putting their software and apps on all platforms.

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

So you mean to say better app experience does not effect os users? This has always been mistake of windows and nokia before.. They cant give a better experience to their users... These are small small things which make people to,shift to other os.

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The email app and stuff is built in to the OS, and cannot be updated without an OS update, which they're doing anyway with Windows 10.

So waste resources bringing it to 8.1 where it'll be superseded by 10 anyway or work on 10 itself which is the current work in progress.

Windows 10 will take another year to come.. People are yet receiving denim updates.. Thats what i m saying.. One year, why shld a user shld not opt for a better experience? And talking abt better app, if it is not better, then why the hell,Microsoft is bringing it to windows 10..pls answer urself

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Exactly! This is their bread & butter. Microsoft didn't start building their own hardware till recently. Software has always been their main and for a (Long time) only means of revenue. Plus, it's good to see them take the total opposite position of Google, as far as putting their software and apps on all platforms.

Dude, if u want to give ur customers best experience, it has to be software as well as hardware.. And Talking abt Hardware..Nokia is now part of Microsoft, which shld clarify that they have hardware experience also..what's lacking thn?

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
When i was trying to login to hotmail, there is an advt of Microsoft showing features of outlook on iOS and android. Which which which Lumia owned by Microsoft doesn't have. I am not saying that they will never come..but by the time they will come to windows.. There will b so many other features,on other os.. So windowsphone will always a second priority or dumping zone?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
So you mean to say better app experience does not effect os users? This has always been mistake of windows and nokia before.. They cant give a better experience to their users... These are small small things which make people to,shift to other os.

So what you're saying is that people are going to leave Android or iOS because of Microsoft's apps --- it's the third party app support that's got Microsoft in the hole. Android & iOS isn't the OS of choice because of their first party apps. Microsoft could have the best Microsoft apps ever designed running on Windows Phone today and they'd unfortunately still be sitting at a whopping 3% of the mobile market.

Zapella Tiago

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
What did you expect? That they 'wait' for Windows 10 for phone release and after that releasing an iOS and Android app.
Come on ... use your brain, it's a software company. They bought Acompli for nothing?

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So what you're saying is that people are going to leave Android or iOS because of Microsoft's apps --- it's the third party app support that's got Microsoft in the hole. Android & iOS isn't the OS of choice because of their first party apps. Microsoft could have the best Microsoft apps ever designed running on Windows Phone today and they'd unfortunately still be sitting at a whopping 3% of the mobile market.

That means stop having the best apps for Windows from Microsoft? Atleast they shld support their OS. I can understand that first party developers are not supporting Windows, but email is such a basic thing..which they shld b bringing along with other OS

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
What did you expect? That they 'wait' for Windows 10 for phone release and after that releasing an iOS and Android app.
Come on ... use your brain, it's a software company. They bought Acompli for nothing?

Stop rhyming abt software company.. Nokia is part of Microsoft, which was giant in hardware and have best hardware division experience. And to be a success os, you have to support ur os along with other os.. Talking abt softwae And if they bought acompli.. They shld develop app for windows 8 also..,why shld windows user shld wait an another year to get such features? Why? Why? Why?

TheCudder

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
When i was trying to login to hotmail, there is an advt of Microsoft showing features of outlook on iOS and android. Which which which Lumia owned by Microsoft doesn't have. I am not saying that they will never come..but by the time they will come to windows.. There will b so many other features,on other os.. So windowsphone will always a second priority or dumping zone?

The new Outlook app was 'Accompli', an app that already existed for Android & iOS. Any positive influence they can set for themselves [Microsoft] with those users now can only help them in the long run. Look at the bigger picture when questioning Microsoft's choices as of late. Microsoft's ultimate goal is to reel users back into the Microsoft ecosystem.....and hopefully over to Windows Phone. Microsoft is completely aware of how most people view Microsoft these days and they're working to change that.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I think by now we should know that Microsoft isn't going to intentionally handicap or otherwise artificially slow down Android and iOS development just for the sake of looking better.

somanialok

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
The new Outlook app was 'Accompli', an app that already existed for Android & iOS. Any positive influence they can set for themselves [Microsoft] with those users now can only help them in the long run. Look at the bigger picture when questioning Microsoft's choices as of late. Microsoft's ultimate goal is to reel users back into the Microsoft ecosystem.....and hopefully over to Windows Phone. Microsoft is completely aware of how most people view Microsoft these days and they're working to change that.

Hopefully...Lol..i think thats where the qn arises..Microsoft has to keep the OS development pace along with the other os to make them shift.. Where they themselves are not supporting their own Os. May be i am being more selfish, but as a windows user, i atleast expect Microsoft to provide me equal software support and that also on time..all I am saying is it shld be par with other OS..may not be advanced coz that is too much to ask for.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Dude, if u want to give ur customers best experience, it has to be software as well as hardware.. And Talking abt Hardware..Nokia is now part of Microsoft, which shld clarify that they have hardware experience also..what's lacking thn?
You'll get no argument from me on that point. Any app on Windows Phone, specially Microsoft ones, should be full featured and just as good (If not better) than their counterparts on either iOS and Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett