Antivirus for phones with windows 10?

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Not really, contrary to what they make us believe there is still a world of difference between W10 for phones and PC. So in terms of virus I don't think u will see any on W10 phones since most virus for Windows can only infect X86 systems.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 for ARM phones (and smaller tablets) won't have the same code as desktop Windows 10.

If they did, none of use would be able to install it on our phones!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
wont be necessary.

viruses target normal Windows, and wont even run on son devices, like on any other ARM device such as the Surface RT or most phones.

AMRooke

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
The actual code for the desktop and mobile platforms is different, but universal apps can be written that address both platforms together. That said, the mobile platform makes effective use of a sandbox, preventing malicious apps from propagating outside of their individual sessions. In a recent security contest, hackers were able to easily hack into Android, barely hack into iOS and were completely unable to hack into WP. It is currently the most secure platform in the consumer universe.

BigJim2017

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
It seems to me that if you surf the web and download videos, you will very possibly get a virus. I know that my phone is infected because of the way it operates. It would be nice to be able to have software to remove viruses on Windows phone. What I did was to get two Windows Phones. My first one is a Nokia Lumia 635, running Windows 8.1. I also have a Nokia Lumia 640, running Windows 10. The 640 is the one I use to download videos to.

The proof that I have a virus is that some of my banking information had become compromised. I had to change all of my Passwords, and some of my cards. Now my screen will not show videos in the horizontal position. The phone will not flip to the horizontal position. This just started occurring. It was after a long session of downloading many videos. I searched the internet and found out that others had determined that they had acquired some malware on their phones. Some even sent their phones back into the place they bought them from to get them replaced. I don't want to do this because I will just go back to the same websites to download more videos.

That's why I wished Windows phone had a antivirus software for the phone. In the MS Store, there is a icon to download Avast AntiVirus, which I did on my 640. However, when you click the file to open it, it will not manually start. I have downloaded some unzip software to see if I can unzip the compressed software.

However, I called Avast and they told me that they do not make any AntiVirus software for Windows phone, just Windows PC running Windows 10. I will keep trying to unzip the Avast file, since it was offered in the MS Store! Like I said, I will keep you posted!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Your banking information being compromised is in no way proof of anything except that your banking information has been compromised. Could have been you connected to the bank in a public place on a free wifi where someone was running a sniffer.

The phone won't rotate because you turned on the rotation lock setting.

There are no viruses for Windows phones.

If you absolutely need an antivirus software, I suggest you install Placebo. It's fully compatible with all Windows 8.1 and 10 phone devices and works just as good as any other.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
It seems to me that if you surf the web and download videos, you will very possibly get a virus. I know that my phone is infected because of the way it operates. It would be nice to be able to have software to remove viruses on Windows phone. What I did was to get two Windows Phones. My first one is a Nokia Lumia 635, running Windows 8.1. I also have a Nokia Lumia 640, running Windows 10. The 640 is the one I use to download videos to.

The proof that I have a virus is that some of my banking information had become compromised. I had to change all of my Passwords, and some of my cards. Now my screen will not show videos in the horizontal position. The phone will not flip to the horizontal position. This just started occurring. It was after a long session of downloading many videos. I searched the internet and found out that others had determined that they had acquired some malware on their phones. Some even sent their phones back into the place they bought them from to get them replaced. I don't want to do this because I will just go back to the same websites to download more videos.

That's why I wished Windows phone had a antivirus software for the phone. In the MS Store, there is a icon to download Avast AntiVirus, which I did on my 640. However, when you click the file to open it, it will not manually start. I have downloaded some unzip software to see if I can unzip the compressed software.

However, I called Avast and they told me that they do not make any AntiVirus software for Windows phone, just Windows PC running Windows 10. I will keep trying to unzip the Avast file, since it was offered in the MS Store! Like I said, I will keep you posted!

You got phished, not attacked. No viruses on MS mobile, only boring dns redirecting to ad sistes, easily fixed by deleting Edge cache

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
we don't even have apps how we are supposed to get viruses now? /jk but really there's no doubting it, dead platform, arm cpu, sandboxed apps, updates almost every week, man this is hell for any hacker, if you get your wp hacked we can all agree that you would've been hacked even if you were using a Tamagotchi

angela moll

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Something going on with my phone. I sporadically get text messages and phone calls now, but not all the time so people can't contact me unless its through Facebook or skype, and that's delayed. I can only call and text out. My internet still works but when I go to the web pages, especially stores, the wording is all screwy,it's not in order. This happened suddenly last Sunday,11/13. Sounds like a software glitch.Any ideas?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Something going on with my phone. I sporadically get text messages and phone calls now, but not all the time so people can't contact me unless its through Facebook or skype, and that's delayed. I can only call and text out. My internet still works but when I go to the web pages, especially stores, the wording is all screwy,it's not in order. This happened suddenly last Sunday,11/13. Sounds like a software glitch.Any ideas?

intermittent network coverage coupled with wrong zoom settings for apps and edge browser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon