Why does the Windows roll back software show the same Windows 10 version?

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Windows roll back software shows the same windows 10 version

I have installed windows phone 10 tech preview on my lumia 730. though everything is good, I have problems in network and I have given feedback too. Now I wan to roll back to my 8.1. But while using lumiasoftware recovery tool, it shows the same widows phone 10 version to be installed.. what can I do??

verjan

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows roll back software shows the same windows 10 version

Just reinstall the version the windows phone recovery tool says. It rolled me back to 8.1 after it downloaded the 1.5 GB OS and reinstalled.

Rahul Rauth1

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

by which option of ur phone u will able to roll back ur phone from win 10 to win 8.1 and will all the msgs removed from the phone...???? plzz reply me....i hav 730 lumia....need it...

Rahul Rauth1

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

by which option of ur phone u will able to roll back ur phone from win 10 to win 8.1 and will all the msgs removed from the phone...???? plzz reply me....i hav 730 lumia....need it........

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
by which option of ur phone u will able to roll back ur phone from win 10 to win 8.1 and will all the msgs removed from the phone...???? plzz reply me....i hav 730 lumia....need it...

The first part of your question I do not understand. But to roll back download the windows software recovery tool on your pc and follow the instructions.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-backup-restore
If you have messages back up enabled than you will not loose them.

Malaya Mohanty

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site

Just reinstall the version the windows phone recovery tool says. It rolled me back to 8.1 after it downloaded the 1.5 GB OS and reinstalled.

but the tool is showing me to install the same firmware version which I have on my phone right now i.e. 02040.00005.14391.36002

Rahul Rauth1

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site

is thr any problem goin on in 8.1 after restore it...like fixed navigation bar and bettery drainage problem.....???
which is occure in win 10... ???

verjan

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

It will roll back to 8.1. Just press 'Reinstall software' and it should start download of about 1.5 GB.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Try this if the suggestions posted above fail.

If you have access to navifirm, download the files for your phone and place them into this dir (presuming your on windows 7): C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\RM-xxx (denotes your what variant you have). The recovery tool should find these and instead of downloading, skip to the install.

Edit: you should be able to find the link to Navifirm+ if you don't have it - in this thread:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-country-920-w-official-lumia-black-gdr3.html

Saurabh Bhangle

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Actually I am facing problems on My Lumia 730 & want to reinstall the firmware through windows recovery tool.
Its stopping after 40% download of the software. Tried on Different networks & Different desktops & laptops too....
Pl help..
Can anyone share there views on what the issue might be?
cant go to Nokia care... as they wont entertain & warranty will be void....

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually I am facing problems on My Lumia 730 & want to reinstall the firmware through windows recovery tool.
Its stopping after 40% download of the software. Tried on Different networks & Different desktops & laptops too....
Pl help..
Can anyone share there views on what the issue might be?
cant go to Nokia care... as they wont entertain & warranty will be void....

Do you get a failure code.
Does the installing of the recovery software stop or during the downloading from the software for your phone.
Did you use different windows versions to check.
Did you use both the windows and lumia software recovery tool.
What is the download speed of the wifi's you used.
Did you try it again checked over a period of a few hours.

Bye the way why did you not install the recovery software before you installed the preview on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon