Been 3 Weeks Since Win 10. How About Releasing it for 1020, 1520, 930...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Unless you plan on really taking an active part in the Insider Program, you're really not missing much with W10 for phones, at least with this first build. I have it on my 635, and while some of it is pretty good, most of it is fairly rough around the edges. I would not want this first build on my 1520, that's for sure. Having said all of that, I do hope that they release the next build very soon and include more models.

I have it on a 635 as well and I haven't seen any updates which leads to me to believe they're still culling feedback. Like you, I wouldn't put this build on my 1520 either. It's funny how some people complain to high heaven about wanting a pre-Alpha on their top-tier phone and then burn their keyboards listing faults on these boards. Microsoft is doing us an unbelievable favor by releasing these previews to work the bugs out, I think we owe them a modicum of gratitude and extend some courtesy by being patient. Ugh, I need my Grape Nuts today.

svaethier

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Well gabe put in a blog post that the newest build if it passes microsofts evaluation will be out late this week or early next week.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
...... and that more models will be coming in the future

I love this, this is a normal Microsoft reply to anything referring to a date. The future could mean 3 years from now or 2 weeks.

Don't get your hopes up on anything soon, I got my list of bugs with Denim on my ICON/929 as it is, so really don't want more bugs from Windows 10 right now :(

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so that they are much more concerned about the high end phones like Nokia Lumia 1520,930, 1020,,, then why have high end phones when we can't the benefit.. Why Microsoft is not thinking about this?????(
Its because the majority of windows phone's purchased are the low end ones. Please remember its a tech preview and you will probably end up reverting back to 8.1 due to the bugs anyway. If it was something like the preview for developers, then it would be understandable but this is not even finished yet

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You know what they say about giving mouse a piece of cheese.....they will want a glass of milk. We live in a "never satisfied" society. I for one am very impressed how MSFT has been able to balance out the attention to ensuring Windows 10 will be able to be as complete and smooth as possible while still allowing us...and when I say us I mean the everyday joe six pack, to get a tangible glimpse of what it will look like. This would've not been their approach a few years ago. We would've all been left in the dark. If you're going to base what MSFT should be doing off of what the Apple and Google are doing, then you should just gravitate to their ecosystem and have a coke and a smile.

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You know what they say about giving mouse a piece of cheese.....they will want a glass of milk. We live in a "never satisfied" society. I for one am very impressed how MSFT has been able to balance out the attention to ensuring Windows 10 will be able to be as complete and smooth as possible while still allowing us...and when I say us I mean the everyday joe six pack, to get a tangible glimpse of what it will look like. This would've not been their approach a few years ago. We would've all been left in the dark. If you're going to base what MSFT should be doing off of what the Apple and Google are doing, then you should just gravitate to their ecosystem and have a coke and a smile.

You're 100% right, people need to stop whining about this, be happy they are getting a preview at all, you won't die if you wait another month for your phone to be compatible.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't care much getting it right now, but I need something to play till the next flagship is released. So bring it on MS! #firstworldproblems

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I guarantee when the preview is released, everyone is gonna complain about missing features, try to rollback and when it fails, they will blame Microsoft again. I can see it happening already lol

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes