Is anyone that has Treasure tag on Windows 10 (for phones) having issues?

Andrew Elliott

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Treasure tag on Windows 10 (for phones)

I got a treasure tag mini today and i cant seem to pair it to my phone. just wondering if anyone else who has a TT is having this issue if using wp10.

fekberg

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded to Windows 10 Mobile, and Treasure Tag stopped working. The app couldn't find the tag.

So I uninstalled the app and when looking for the Treasure Tag app in Windows Store, it says "No Longer Available".

Did you manage to get this to work?

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I think the app is now available again. I managed to side load the app previous however if you search in the store now for 'tag' or 'Microsoft mobile' you should find the app in the store. I cant confirm if it is available to install as I have it already installed via sideload.

Doug Swallow

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just bought two Treasure Tags. They'd pair via Bluetooth, but the app never recognized them at this time (there was an obvious pairing dialog coming up once for each tag that I paired, but then it was followed by the app appearing to not have found a tag). Turns out closing the app and reopening it was enough; it now showed the Treasure Tags paired. But I have not yet seen any possible way to get a map of the most recently seen location of the tag. I can make the tags play a sound, and vice versa from the tag can make the phone recognize I pushed the button. I couldn't name the tag when I first paired them, but actually haven't tried to do again. The colors were enough. But without a way to bring up the location of the phone the last time it was connected to a tag it makes the tag somewhat pointless to bother with. Actually, even if it all works as advertised, I'm not really sure I care. I just bought the tags to play with. Though I suppose it was amusing to be on a plane and have it actually connect to the tag (and disconnect when I walked into the restroom). I wasn't expecting the possibility of connection between the passenger cabin and the luggage hold. It was moderately comforting to know for sure my luggage was on the same plane I was.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: Treasure tag on Windows 10 (for phones)

I have just paired three TTs with a Windows Phone 10 using NFC. It looks like there is no need for a separate TT app, it is integrated in the Gadgets app.

All TTs were found at first tap and configuration was easy enough. I get the last seen location on a map and get an alert if I move phone and tag apart. The only thing that doesn't work for me is setting up quiet areas by Wi-Fi networks. Pressing the + sign to add a quiet network doesn't bring up the list of known networks and when I press the back button, the Gadgets app crashes

M Mark

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
TT fully works only with Gadgets app which is available currently only on 950 and 950XL.
Gadgets is nice app and works better that old TT app.
I had no problem to add "quiet zone" WiFi. Maybe you have to be connected to the wireless network at that time? (I was)

Nathan Sokalski

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I am using the Treasure Tags on my Lumia 920 with the Gadgets app. It finds them and connects perfectly, but what I do have trouble doing is disconnecting, it immediately automatically reconnects, therefore causing me to be alerted even if I do not want to use one of the tags at the time. With the Treasure Tag app (what I used before being forced to upgrade to the Gadgets app) I was able to disconnect and it would stay disconnected until I told it to reconnect.

Stan77

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

Same issues here on L925 with WM 10: the TT is recognized but no options are available for locating or ringing the tag. Everything is working fine on WP 8.1.
I guess this needs to be fixed.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

You have to use the gadget app to find the treasure tag app and then it will connect though the gadgets app NOT the tag app

Stan77

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

Yep, I AM using Gadgets for this, but the app wants me to re-pair the tag with my handset over and over again.

Jacobo Amselem

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site

With the latest update now I can pair and have all the functions. The only thing not working is the quiet wifi zones

Stephen570

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If your Tag won't pair (or repeatedly pairs/re-pairs) try resetting it. Take the battery out of the Tag and then hold the Tag's button while putting the battery back in. See www Microsoft com/en-us/mobile/support/product/ws-2/userguidance/?action=singleTopic&topic=GUID-34393F1F-0ACF-47A2-B0E0-E7B7BBDFFDE9 (I can't post links yet).

Last edited:

mas9973

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine was working for awhile, until the most recent updates to my Lumia 959XL Dual SIM in July. It seems to say it's paired and connected, but no longer opens the Gadgets app, and doesn't give any notifications if separated from the phone.

mikey405

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Me too. I have the same issue (950XL single-SIM). It is recognised and paired (according to the bluetooth settings anyway) but never shows up in the "gadgets" app.

spiceychutney

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
mikey405 mas9973 I have just bought the WS-2 and face similar problems. The tag shows as paired in Bluetooth, but does not appear in Gadgets, hence can not be used. Does anyone have a fix?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon