FIX: Email, People, Calendar App Missing in Build 10041

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You may find as I did that these apps are missing from your system after the update, replaced with oddly named tiles.

If so, follow the instructions in this blog articles

Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 now available

•In this build, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps: •Open powershell as administrator
•Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
•Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

To get to powershell, type "powershell" into the search bar and right-click on the app name in order to run as administrator.

Is successful, the command will return:-
Path :
Online : True
RestartNeeded : False

Then, open the "Store" app (not "Store Beta) and search for the Email, People, Calendar app and install.

And you're done (you may need to re-pin tiles)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
To get to powershell, type "powershell" into the search bar and right-click on the app name in order to run as administrator.

If you really need to be told this, you shouldn't be running the Technical Preview and you certainly shouldn't be on the fast ring :p

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I saw this on the blog pages, very useful, so am replying to also give this thread a bump - I saw loads and loads of comments about "mail not working" on the windows feedback forum, and clearly haven't seen (or even looked for) the fixes :|

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes