Windows 10 & Lumia 810

Praxius

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
If your phone is supported (listed) for the next update and you have enlisted for the Windows Insider program, then yes.

You will first need to install the Windows Insider app to your phone, then connect your Microsoft Account with the Insider Program. When the next build is available, check for updates.

Mobile Carriers are either slow or simply don't bother to update the phones they carry. As an example, while the Cyan update was being released around the world, it took a few months for carriers here in Australia to officially release it onto the phones they give customers on contract.... But while I was running the Preview for Developers (the app prior to the new one mentioned above) I could bypass the carriers and get the update directly from Microsoft.

Until W10 is available for your phone, you should still be able to do the same as me and install the Preview for Developers to your phone, link your Microsoft Account, enable the Preview Updates and then check for updates.... If you are still on Amber, you will have to update to Black, then Cyan, and eventually Denim if it is supported by your phone.

Good luck.

Keep in mind that in the App Store:

Preview for Developers = Windows 8.1 Updates.

Windows Insider = Windows 10 for Phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon