Should I put Windows 10 on my Lumia 635?

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Question for users with win10 installed on their lumia635 is the install use full enough to use as your system or are to many features still unusable? I have been holding off to see if people are happy with the install or not and returned to 8.1. What are your thoughts on this is it worth the time to install 10 or just wait?

any help appreciated:cool:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Moved to more appropriate spot... IMHO this is more about Tech preview of 10 Mobile and less about the 635...

I recently got a spare 635 for testing Win 10 Mobile. It's not my primary phone and I would not put such a Beta on my primary phone. I've tested a lot of Betas and never on a primary handset even though I've driven them daily for testing purposes.

Having put the Insider on a 635 I'd say you are not missing anything earth shattering, must have right now to improve your life. It's some eye candy at this point and any increased functionality is countered by decreased functionality elsewhere. Definitely wait until it gets closer to finished or is official if your 635 is your one and only phone.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If it isn't your primary phone, go for it. If your doubting it, wait for the next update, which shouldn't be too much longer (I'm guessing they're trying to fix the Lumia 930's "teeny tiny" UI problem, or something with Project Spartan before release of the second update).

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I put it on my 630 a while back. I kept it for 2 days before going back to 8.1.. Its my daily. I didn't like all the bugs. You may feel differently though.

bksalt

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help my 635 is my main phone, so Ill wait till it is released for the general public. I'm not big on eye candy so nothing to gain by installing it at this point.
again thanks

glossallalia

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my 635 and it's my main phone, although I do have my 810 just in case. It is buggy and have to soft reset sometimes. It's also laggy and heats up on phone calls and just browsing(is heating up as I type this). I don't have any major issues but can't wait for the next build!

AnkitGondalia

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
How can you be sure or what indications make you think this is true ?

I've seen a video of 2nd build running on Lumia 6** model.. It was running perfect.. It wasn't that laggy.. MS took a lot of time for the 2nd build.. So I think they have worked on the build to be more stable.. And a lot of devices support 2nd build so it will be more stable as compared to the 1st build

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I put it on my 635 spare phone but it was virtually unusable for me because the setting to read texts and send spoken responses somehow got left out of this build. I need to have texts read over Bluetooth while driving and even at home I wasn't willing to get up and walk to wherever my phone was every time a text arrived.

And FWIW, I'm sure its rare but after letting the 635 set for (how long since WP10 insider started), when I tried to recharge it, it would just alternate between a Nokia Screen and some icon I didn't recognize. Couldn't be turned off or reset. But no problem using the Recovery tool to go back to 8.1 which was what I was wanting to do anyway.

Kazashimo

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I don't see the problem with installing it on a primary phone, considering the recovery tool works wonderfully. However, it is bugged. My cousin, my friend, and I all had the same issues with the preview... Our pictures would not display, the browser would crash over 90% of the time when pressing the back button, and the screen brightness had a mind of its own. Just try it, and if you don't like it, then use the recovery tool. Easy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2