Has the Windows 10 bug been fixed?

trevorscarlett

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Multiple Phone models - Lumia 1520 and 930.

Hi ya,

I am really looking forward to upgrading my Lumia 930 to Windows 10 Mobile only to be disappointed that I can't as there is a bug. Anyway, I am fortunate enough that I have multiple phones and will install this on my 1520 instead.

The problem I had/have with WP8 is moving from one model to another i.e. one week I want to use the 1520 then move to the 930. It is real grief as the back up restore technology cannot handle the different phone models. Yes it can handle text messages and emails and calendar appointments, but applications on the start screen it cannot. It just resets tot he default.

So my questions is this. Is this fixed or working on Windows 10 mobile?

Thanks,
Trev

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Multiple Phone models - Lumia 1520 and 930.

I have three different phones and my surface backed up in my OneDrive. The backup names are based on the name of the phone as I set using the desktop sync tool.
You are not stuck with a default.

trevorscarlett

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the reply - can you please elaborate more. I too backup to OneDrive and still have grief but use the in built back up function on WP8.1

Are you saying that I should use the desktop tool instead - I didn't even realise you could back up with that?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

When connected to the desktop app you can name your phone. I use the model number. You phone backups will have that name instead of 'Windows Phone'. You can see the phone name in settings, about.
No, not backup with the desktop app. you use that to name your phone.
I have backups on OneDrive for three different phones, all listed as Lumia xxx. just like I named them.
On your PC go to your onedrive, gear icon, options, device backups to see the device name and date of the backups.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
FYI. You don't have to use the desktop app to rename the phone, you can do that right from Windows Explorer.

Backup method is one thing MS needs to copy from Apple. Restore a backup of your old iPhone to your new iPhone, lose nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon