Google Calendar Events Modified After Installing WP 10 TP

dustman86

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I installed WP 10 TP on my Lumia 928 yesterday afternoon without issue. This morning I configured Outlook with my companies Gmail info. I was able to access my email without issue. However about an hour later Google Calendar events began being modified for not only me but others in our company.

(Note I DID have Admin rights to our companies Google apps as I am an Infrastructure Engineer. This may explain how other employees calendars were modified. My access has since been disabled.)

I became aware of this about an hour later when I started receiving emails from employees asking why or if I had changed their event(s). I worked with some co-works and it was discovered that these events had been modified via an api and after further investigation they originated from a Windows Phone 10 device, MINE. Not knowing the how or why I immediately changed my AD creds and my Gmail IMAP password and ultimately wiped my phone as I didn't want to be the cause of any further issues.

Was I hacked? Is there a bug with the Windows Phone 10 TP Outlook app and syncing with Gmail and Google Calendar? At this time I don't have the answer, we have opened a ticket with Google. I am writing this more as Warning than a question, but if anyone has some insight to this issue please let me know.

Thanks,

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I installed WP 10 TP on my Lumia 928 yesterday afternoon without issue. This morning I configured Outlook with my companies Gmail info. I was able to access my email without issue. However about an hour later Google Calendar events began being modified for not only me but others in our company.

(Note I DID have Admin rights to our companies Google apps as I am an Infrastructure Engineer. This may explain how other employees calendars were modified. My access has since been disabled.)

I became aware of this about an hour later when I started receiving emails from employees asking why or if I had changed their event(s). I worked with some co-works and it was discovered that these events had been modified via an api and after further investigation they originated from a Windows Phone 10 device, MINE. Not knowing the how or why I immediately changed my AD creds and my Gmail IMAP password and ultimately wiped my phone as I didn't want to be the cause of any further issues.

Was I hacked? Is there a bug with the Windows Phone 10 TP Outlook app and syncing with Gmail and Google Calendar? At this time I don't have the answer, we have opened a ticket with Google. I am writing this more as Warning than a question, but if anyone has some insight to this issue please let me know.

Thanks,

well this is a bug as you are running a TP. which itself means that the OS is still in development and is unfinished. so you can expect such issues.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Unlikely to have been hacked (for one thing, why would a hacker just make changes to Calendar items). What were the changes? Times? Did you do anything on the phone like change region etc? Was the timezone set correctly?
I imagine the response to the Google ticket will be along the lines of "thanks for using our products. we've no idea why the device you connected edited appointments. thanks for using our products. bye".

fyfesmithj

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I managed to install & configure my companies Gmail account. Outlook recognizes my account but won't sync my inbox but did sync my calendar without incident. Any ideas on how I can get my inbox to sync?

JeffBee

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue - I presented it to the Goog and they (it) responded:

"Thanks to our investigation we've determined that the origin of this issue is an instability in Windows Phone v10. This OS has been observed to behave irregularly with calendar and any unintentional modifications are certainly rooted in the integration between the phone and calendar. I understand this might not be good news but is something we don't have control over."

A super admin has manage rights over all primary calendars - and I confirmed the bug is still present in today's latest build.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes