Is Microsoft going to patch the major bugs before the next build?

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
The new build is outs and the feedback are showing that it is rough to use it because of the major bugs it's showing so I think they should patch them before the next build to make the tp testable

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
we should keep in mind that while we love to get updates, the process for building those updates isn't very easy :p If the issues are very drastic the team will attempt to provide an update before the next build :)

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Similar to the way they've handled the desktop previews, they're going to fix these, then break other things with the next build lol

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
we should keep in mind that while we love to get updates, the process for building those updates isn't very easy :p If the issues are very drastic the team will attempt to provide an update before the next build :)
Yes but I think they aren't playing fair with the insiders thing they aren't providing the update when its done they are releasing builds and with more than a month between them that's hard to deal with I'm not asking for daily updates but maybe weekly ones they can delay the new features but not the bug fixing

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes but I think they aren't playing fair with the insiders thing they aren't providing the update when its done they are releasing builds and with more than a month between them that's hard to deal with I'm not asking for daily updates but maybe weekly ones they can delay the new features but not the bug fixing
The Insider program is for Microsoft's benefit to develop the new OS, not for the benefit of beta testers. If one wants something stable with no bugs, then the Insider program is not for him or her.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
The Insider program is for Microsoft's benefit to develop the new OS, not for the benefit of beta testers. If one wants something stable with no bugs, then the Insider program is not for him or her.

I'm not asking for full stability but for it being able to be tested

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not asking for full stability but for it being able to be tested

The only way to achieve this... Apply for a job at MS and even that might not work out lol.

I get what you want, but that isn't possible. At least not for common users (yes we're common users; the amount of hours you spent on your phone doesn't matter in this case).. Only internal beta testers get the treatment that you are looking for, but they have extra devices for those updates as well (So none of them install it on their main device).

MS has given us the opportunity to get as close as we'll ever get to being "internal/primary testers". Take or leave it mate :)

ahmad karaki

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
The only way to achieve this... Apply for a job at MS and even that might not work out lol.

I get what you want, but that isn't possible. At least not for common users (yes we're common users; the amount of hours you spent on your phone doesn't matter in this case).. Only internal beta testers get the treatment that you are looking for, but they have extra devices for those updates as well (So none of them install it on their main device).

MS has given us the opportunity to get as close as we'll ever get to being "internal/primary testers". Take or leave it mate :)

I know that already but I'm trying to get people attention to let Microsoft realize also that this is what they should do. The main reason is I'm stuck with a notification to install the build and no way to get peace without a hard reset that is why so if I will install it I need it to work not brick my phone

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I know that already but I'm trying to get people attention to let Microsoft realize also that this is what they should do. The main reason is I'm stuck with a notification to install the build and no way to get peace without a hard reset that is why so if I will install it I need it to work not brick my phone
I'm using it on a device that isn't my primary phone. If it bricks, I'm not concerned.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it on a device that isn't my primary phone. If it bricks, I'm not concerned.

Same here. This last build is highly unusable even for basic tasks, for that reason is that I have it installed on my old phone, which I only use for giving feedback to MS.

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I will say this, the minefield that is build 10051 on phones makes the PC builds look like RCs. With the phone you aren't really able to start with a clean install. Provider settings for it function as a communication device are required, even wiping the phone before installing won't clear all the apps if it is carrier locked. Firmware fragmentation by device and carriers also muddies the water.

One would think with the issues that appear to be plaguing this build bug fixes and workarounds can't be far away.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I did a relatively clean install:
Hard reset
Set up as new device
Install Insider
Update
Hard reset
Set up as new device

Hardly got any of the issues filling this site.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
To my understanding that's what the slow ring is for more stable builds and bug fixes

Well, we shall see if they even take use of it. In a perfect world, having a Fast and Slow ring, they'd put out weekly updates showing progress, using Fast ring first obviously.

If it goes another month or worse until an update then the Fast/Slow ring thing was pointless. Hell, even three weeks is too long. No point in having people look for bugs etc if updates are scarce.

XXNUZ

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
This build is rough from a non clean install. Texting doesn't even work for me. Switched my sim card to my old phone (Lumia 900) and use this one for fun. Really, you should just use 10 tp on a non primary device.
Sent from my green velociraptor running Windows Phone 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos