issue since trying WP 10 TP

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi All having a pretty serious issue with a lumia 520 since giving WP 10 TP a try out... basically I left it installing overnight and the next morning it was stuck with the cogs going and rebooting over and over, thinking something obviously went wrong with the install I eventually managed to flash it back to win 8.1 the intention of trying again. All seemed fine I downloaded insider preview selected fast ring etc but when trying to download the update it error'd... then it really got fun.

Now all apps crash the phone when opened, settings aren't being saved ( like date / time or to use the SD card when turned on ) and not receiving any SMS or calls. I'm also unable to flash the phone again, trying gives an error. It's as if the phone has been write-protected or something - I can view settings pages that only seem to display info like the about page, but anything that might need to save anything crashes.

Any suggestions?

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi All having a pretty serious issue with a lumia 520 since giving WP 10 TP a try out... basically I left it installing overnight and the next morning it was stuck with the cogs going and rebooting over and over, thinking something obviously went wrong with the install I eventually managed to flash it back to win 8.1 the intention of trying again. All seemed fine I downloaded insider preview selected fast ring etc but when trying to download the update it error'd... then it really got fun.

Now all apps crash the phone when opened, settings aren't being saved ( like date / time or to use the SD card when turned on ) and not receiving any SMS or calls. I'm also unable to flash the phone again, trying gives an error. It's as if the phone has been write-protected or something - I can view settings pages that only seem to display info like the about page, but anything that might need to save anything crashes.

Any suggestions?

Did you already do a hard reset?

DecaTec_de

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Did you already do a hard reset?

If a hard reset won't work, you could try to use the "Windows Phone Recovery Tool" on your PC to re-flash your phone with Win 8.1. Sorry, I can't post any links yet...

Edit: This will do the trick (just copy&paste):
microsoft.com/en-us/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
hi

Thanks both of you, but no hard reset doesnt work it just reboots and just get an error when trying to flash the phone using both the windows tool and the nokia one

DecaTec_de

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Wow, this is really bad. I don't know any other method of "low-level" reset than the recovery tool.
Did you try it more than once to reset the phone?

Edit: did you try to remove the SD and SIM card and hard reset?

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
yes tried several times resetting, but not without the sim i'll try tonight. I'm wondering if the win 10 TP installation puts it in this mode, and the phone is expecting win 10 to be installed hence the error trying to flash 8.1 again? just a thought.

DecaTec_de

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
No, with the recovery tool on PC the phone is completely reset, a new Image is downloaded (hence this procedure will take a little longer than just a hard reset) and flashed onto the phone.
There should really be no leftovers from Win10TP.

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
But after flashing, I started the process on win 10 TP again and it's only when it tried to install win 10 the second time and gave an error that these issues started...

ataraxicstorm

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Never managed to get this working again, turns on but still crashes and reboots when any app is opened or wen tryna update... Perfect timing though as my contract was up for renewal so now have a shiny new 640 :D ( and no, TP is coming nowhere near it lol )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa