How do I stop the installation of Tp?

kavita10

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
how to stop installation of Tp

Have a L920 and the update got downloaded over WiFi .. How can I stop its installation... Has completed the process of redeaing the phone for installation.. Any help appreciated.. Am on 8.1 update 2

Del Lomo

May 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

Same here, it says "if you don't install the update before 24/04/15 it will install automatically" I don't want windows 10 for phone right now, but I don't know how to stop it!

I tried:
Uninstalling the windows insider app
Uninstalling the preview for developers app
Praying to god.
Praying to the devil too.

I have two days!

😈 :devil:

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
re:

If update was downloaded then I guess there is no hope for you. It's too late.
You should have unchecked the options "Automatically download updates if my data settings allow it" and "Tell me when updates are available" right after GDR2 was installed. Once unchecked, you could have easily uninstall Windows Insider app to live a peaceful life with GDR 2 :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

Same here, it says "if you don't install the update before 24/04/15 it will install automatically" I don't want windows 10 for phone right now, but I don't know how to stop it!

I tried:
Uninstalling the windows insider app
Uninstalling the preview for developers app
Praying to god.
Praying to the devil too.

I have two days!

 :devil:

Have a L920 and the update got downloaded over WiFi .. How can I stop its installation... Has completed the process of redeaing the phone for installation.. Any help appreciated.. Am on 8.1 update 2

Neither of you were meant to stay "parked" on Update 2 anyway. You can't stop it once its in motion.
You'll have to go either backwards (roll back) or forwards. (let it "update")

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to stop installation of Tp

Certainly there is no way without loosing data.

So if you are bound and determined not to let 10 install... Go to Insider on a PC browser and un-enroll from the program. Delete Insider App from your phone. Make a backup. Do a Factory Reset via Settings > about > reset your phone.

You may just keep Update 2 and are now not enrolled in Insider and the waiting to install update should be flushed out.

If it does not work, then just use LSRT to get a clean install.

Good Luck and stop tinkering with things you are not prepared to deal with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes