Lots of. Problems

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I installed windows 10 tp on my 1020. I was having problems updating apps- updates were not installing. I was having a long queue of apps waiting to be updated. So, i decided to hard reset the phone today. But after the hard reset, there are no apps for phonebook, messages and email. I wanted to hard reset the phone again, but settings too aren't available. Of course, i did lot's of soft reset to see whether i would be lucky for all the missing apps to bounce back, but that didn't yield any results. I'll be glad to have suggestions on how to fix these probs

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And now i tried nokia software recovery tool......'the available software is older....'

Use the WPRT see above link.
And just accept what ever the tool is saying.

The tool may bring you back to CYAN and the you have to do a OTA update to get DENIM.

Nightwolf88

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Use the WPRT see above link.
And just accept what ever the tool is saying.

The tool may bring you back to CYAN and the you have to do a OTA update to get DENIM.

This. I can confirm that the tool will bring you to cyan and you need to update OTA to denim.
You can then use in the store the 'my apps' list to get a full list of apps you ever had on your phone to easy install them back.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
And now i tried nokia software recovery tool......'the available software is older....'

The first thing you should have done is do a soft reset power button and volume down at the same time. That it has been reported in several places to download all your apps which had been seemingly stuck on pending update or reloading to all there. I experienced this my self on the second window 10 M TP. Is the 1020 your daily driver? If so I would recommend you roll back and not update to W10M TP. Wait for the final release. You'll be better off. The kinks and bugs will have been fixed.

chihs

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 also have some issues, low battery even let the phone unable boot up, and feel everything slow, most important the camera function become weird, slow and cannot focus well.
And I cannot back to WP8.1 just the recovery tool cannot find me an old image file.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
My 1020 also have some issues, low battery even let the phone unable boot up, and feel everything slow, most important the camera function become weird, slow and cannot focus well.
And I cannot back to WP8.1 just the recovery tool cannot find me an old image file.

Welcome to Windows Central

Try using different USB cables, USB ports or even a different PC because this sounds as a "connection" problem.
Furthermore a hard reset may help to get a more stable W10

Good luck..

lawalhu

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
A hard reset has fixed the problems and improves the general performance of the phone. Thanks for all the suggestions.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys I just installed windows mobile 10 preview build 1080.plz tell me whether offline navigation with voice guidance functioning.For me no voice guidance is there when I use maps app.Plz help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes