Can't install build 10130 - keeps restarting

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,
I just wanted to install the new build, because I heard that it runs really good and that it has no major problems. It downloaded and notified me about a restart. Problem is, it just keeps restarting. A screen appears which says that automatic repair is preparing and after a few seconds the restart circle begins again.
Any ideas? If not, I just donwload an unofficial .iso of the build. If this doesn't work as well, I just reinstall the old build again and wait for a new one. But I want to hear if someone of you has tips I could try.

PS: I used the 10122 build before the update.

Vasrias

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Does nobody else have this problem? I just booted from a usb stick with an older build. I see three OS's when i want to boot from another OS, but had only 2 installed. One is called Windows Technical Preview and one Windows Rollback, the third is my Windows 7. I tried booting from both, which failed, I trie getting back to a restore point, which failed. I tried refreshing, which seemed to have succeeded, but won't boot as well and created another Windows Technical Preview OS to choose from. Now I get no autotmatic repair is preparing screen when I try to boot, but it just getting stuck on the booting screen. And the worst thing is, the same happens even on my Windows 7 boot, which worked until now...

Any solutions or tips I can try? Otherwise I guess I'll have to format and reinstall it...

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm having the restart problem as well on 130. Every 15 - 20 minutes it restarts. Gives me the frownny face saying something happened and they are collecting data for MS. After a few seconds, it reboots and does it again in a few minutes.

anyone else having this symptom.

greg10e

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
My PC won't run Preview 10130 (or the previous build 10124 for that matter).
My MD Radeon 9300 drivers can't handle it, and either crap out the screen or terminate in BSOD. Gone to terminal BSOD now and won't start up even using System Restore. The first time this happened, I wiped the HDD and did a fresh install from 10074(?) iso, then updated to 10130. Started up okay, even though start menu was transparent until you re-tried a few times.
After installing some basic apps, drivers gave up and BSODed me.
Managed to system restore once, but the second time it happened I couldn't recover any more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb