Xbox Music Streaming on 10136

Matt Loucks

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I've updated to 10136 and I must say, it is great. I am not having any issues after resetting it and letting everything download and install for a couple hours. The only problem I have is that I can no longer stream from the Music app using my Xbox Music Pass. I use the app EVERY time I get in my car and throughout the day. Has anyone been able to stream music using the Music Pass either through the Music App or Music Preview App? I am signed into my Microsoft account and have tried playing music through the new Store Beta app but it only gives me the option to purchase music. It seems to only let me play music that is stored on my phone.

Last edited:

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just went to test. I was able to stream music (in my collection) ok. But how do you stream music not in your collection? do you have to go through the store? That seems weird. Anyways, let me know and I'll try the same to see if it works on mine.

Matt Loucks

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I can't stream. From the Music app, if you go to the Shop button under the hamburger menu it takes you to the store where it shows that you can browse and purchase music. I just noticed it is the exact same experience as on the preview version of windows desktop. However, if you go to the new Music app on windows desktop, it allows you to use the Music Pass to browse and stream music. They haven't seemed to enable this yet on Windows 10 Mobile.

What I just did was sign up for Spotify and it's only $.99 for 3 months which I hope should be enough time to fix Microsoft Music. I hope I don't become too attached to Spotify premium because I've always used it for their awesome playlists which Microsoft just does not seem to offer.

jimjfletcher

May 28, 2014
Visit site
YMMV, but I found that music I had previously added to a playlist from my pass (and marked the playlist to be available offline) was available on 10136, the problem was strictly in adding new stuff. Regardless, I refuse to pay for the service and not be able to use it to the fullest, so I rolled back to 8.1.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yea, says for explore and radio that the feature not available yet. I used during 45 minute walk today and was able to stream all stuff I had one drive, or already saved to a playlist using music pass.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon