Change ringtone in Windows Mobile 10 Build 10136

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Settings, customisation, sounds. My first item is "Ringtone" (10136).

This being said, ringtones in the appropriate folder don't seem to be recognized.You have to choose between stock Windows and MS ringtones.

Last edited:

702Moi

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Please help me I tried to change my ringtone but I can't change?

There is no settings. But theres a way around it with a little time. Go to anyone's contact info and press edit and you should be able to change the ringtone of each type of alert for that contact. Unfortunately you must do this for each individual contact just to change the ringtone for the phone

Hope that helps

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
There is no settings. But theres a way around it with a little time. Go to anyone's contact info and press edit and you should be able to change the ringtone of each type of alert for that contact. Unfortunately you must do this for each individual contact just to change the ringtone for the phone

Hope that helps

Settings -> System -> Notify Center -> hol tap on Phone

Tribanj

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
For install ringtone I used Ringtone Maker. After go in Settings > System > Notification and Action. Select Message, Phone ..., click on it, select ringtone which you want. It is it.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft broke this on an earlier build too. I have added m4a and mp3 files to the phones ringtone folder, they are not recognized in any setting be it editing from settings-personalization-sounds or from people and edit contact individually.

I tried W10M again with 10586.36......anybody with this build able to edit ringtones? I'm using HTC One M8?

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Ringtones on 950 XL appear to be recognized if sound files are *.wma with concise file names with no fancy manipulations.

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Do not manipulate mp3 or m4* sound files before saving them into RINGTONES folder on 950XL but rather drag-n-drop them into that folder, Win10/950XL dialogue pops up asking to convert them, accept. Such converted to *.wma sound files are recognized & played by 950XL as ringtones. Keep files < 150kB

Mesbah

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
If you change file name of a ringtone on 950XL through Win10 File Explorer, you might not find it in the list of ringtone on 950XL. But if you drag-n-drop that same file from desktop into 950XL RINGTONES folder it will be found. It might be due to 950XL internal file names recording. Microsoft better fix this incompatibility issue so when a file name on 950XL is changed via desktop, it continues to be recognized by 950XL.

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft broke this on an earlier build too. I have added m4a and mp3 files to the phones ringtone folder, they are not recognized in any setting be it editing from settings-personalization-sounds or from people and edit contact individually.

I tried W10M again with 10586.36......anybody with this build able to edit ringtones? I'm using HTC One M8?

All of mine are recognized (1020), so it may be a phone issue, give it time to update, scroll down through standard ringtones, then your personal ones should appear ...... don't scroll too fast, as I think it may be updating as you are scrolling, after it has updated all, then it seems pretty easy access

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Settings -> Notify -> Scroll down and choose which notify you want to change and tap, change ringtone from list (you can preview it tapping the play keys)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster