Run Windows 10 Mobile on Android?

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about Microsoft's heavy investment in Cyanogenmod. I read it's about apps on Android - making Cortana integrate more deeply into the OS, for example. However, got me to thinking about running Windows 10 Mobile on Android phones. Since phones are just mini PCs now, all running the same hardware (SOC, memory, storage, display - all fairly universal on most smartphones), could MS come out with an installer (like Windows Phone Recovery Tool) that can overwrite an Android phone (ie. Galaxy S6) and install Windows 10 Mobile on it?

I know Apple won't allow OS X or iOS to be installed on anything other than Apple hardware - but if MS said it was okay, could LG, Samsung, or HTC stop someone from installing another OS on their phones? I'm sure it would void warranty from the carriers...

Nothing stopping you from doing the same on a PC - if you by a Dell with Windows, Dell can't stop you from wiping it and installing Linux on it. They wouldn't support the OS, but they'd still have to support the hardware. Why not phones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb