Win 10 Mobile is stable enough to install?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I would say wait for another build or two, the stability for build 10166 isn't there, yet.

However, if the Lumia 1020 isn't your daily diver, then go for it and try it out.

amit gatte

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes its stable enough to use it daily, first hard reset your phone on windows phone 8.1 OS then add Microsoft account and stuff, then install important apps which you need like windows insider and then 2-3 apps which you will be needing, then unpin all tiles which are created by default on windows phone 8.1 then go to insider and choose fast ring and install it, then pin your favorite tiles and use the apps which you've installed.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The only issues I've seen on this build (10166) is that it takes a while the my outlook email to sync and the songs installed on my SD card won't play and displays a red exclamation mark, though they worked just fine on 8.1. I have been switching back and forth between my Lumia 925 DD running 8.1 Denim and my 635 backup phone with W10M.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Using it currently. I don't think believe I will be going back to 8.1 anytime soon. Pleasantly surprised with how useable it is compared to the build prior. Much, much better.

I can see how this will be a great OS already.

For those of you using it, send feedback please!

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I've made it a few weeks with 10158 and then 10166 with my Nokia 1520 but today I decided to finally do a hard reset and a fresh install. I hadn't done that and Cortana was a little buggy but most apps were ok.
I've got a spare Icon that also has the same thing on it and I did the hard reset on it first and it fixed Cortana.

Now I'm hard resetting my 1520

I did screw up somehow. It asked if I should delete the SD Card too and I said yes of course but somehow it seemed kinda stuck for a while so I soft resetted it and it got stuck with the gears then the frown face.

10 minutes with the Windows Recovery Tool put Win 8.1 back on it and I'm downloading Win 10 again right now

minus365

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Core features works smoothly. There are few little issues here and there, but main features are there and working fine for daily use. I have little problems with email notifications not displaying and live tiles not updating, but that's something I can live with. Didnt do any hard reset and just updated from WP8.1 GDR2 via slow ring.

Battery life could improve a bit. I am at about 1 day with moderate use,.

AndrewMBaines

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Rolling back to 8.1 this morning on my 1020.

Too laggy. Alerts not working correctly. Email not syncing correctly.
Maybe a factory reset would have done the job, but I don't have the time this week.

Whether or not it's stable seems to depend upon what the user's priorities are. Mine are email, email & email.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Running 10166 on my 520 for 2 days, most things work. I'll probably stay with wp10. I did install from 8.1, then hard reset and did not restore from backup. I've been adding apps back on a few at a time. Its my daily driver. Good luck.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
In a Lumia 1020

Not if you use it for taking photos since Lumia Camera (and the other Lumia apps) is missing! The Windows Camera is crap compared to Lumia Camera.
Auto uploading of photos to OneDrive is also broken.
And battery life is a joke compared to 8.1.

I would not recommend it.

EndOfRope

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
on my L520 it good, the only App that fails for me is here drive+. I need this so i don?t use the 10.0.166 on my primary device, a L1520.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes