Ease of access thick icons and text

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Through discussions here and things that I've read, I've come to understand that the new, super thin icons and text in the notifications bar, live tiles and other places in the OS are part of the design language and here to stay. Nevertheless, they make it difficult for people with vision problems like myself to see them quickly and they cause eye strain. So I have requested, through the feedback app, that MS add an option to Ease of Access that makes the text and icons thick or bold. If you agree this would be helpful, please upvote it - in the feedback app under Personalization and Ease of Access -> Magnifier (didn't have a better sub-category). Thanks.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree but do you also know that you can use "high contrast" in the ease of access setting which basically makes "everything" black and white (accept a few app tile).

MBY

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you - yes I'm aware of it. It does make the borders and fonts a bit sharper. However, losing colors of most tiles still makes it harder to immediately recognize things. This actually could be as simple as separating the font options and the rest of the changes in colors and images.

Rich215

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree MBY.....but there are a ton of scaling issues all over the place for me on my Icon. Not sure how the official release of Win10 will be like for text sizing compared to what it is now on 10166. Some places do not show any font sizing changes with the text scaling option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon