Windows 10 outlook app help

laith91

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Either im a completely useless donkey head or the guys at microsoft just messed up the whole outlook app, but they won't realise this until after 4 years just like with the whole windows phone thing. Why isn't there any "add account" option on outlook mail? I have only one chance to add all my account first time I run the app, afterwards im doomed, if I get a new email account or want to add others I forgot, then I have to hard reset my phone in order to do that. Does anybody know how to add an account? Help me because This is sad.. And what about the linked inboxes? Just why? What are they doing? I understand it is on early stages, but it have been updated several times with no functionality improvment. Little less time on advertisment, more time on functionality! *small tear hanging on the corner of my eye"

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
In Outlook Mail (or Calendar) if you expand the hamburger menu and click on the gear icon in the lower right corner, then you can click on 'Accounts' at the top and add an account from there.

You can also do this in the people app. If you open the people app, open the '...' menu, and open settings then you can see your current accounts and add an account to the phone from there

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Outlook Mail > click on hamburger menu button in upper left corner > clock settings button in bottom right corner > click on Accounts > list of accounts including option to add account appears.

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys! I guess im a donkeyhead : )

I really do not thing so. I don't understand Microsoft's UI & UX strategy. Just look at last versions of their own (even so called "core") apps:

- Outlook has settings button in bottom right corner after pressing hamburger

- Onedrive has settings button in upper right corner after pressing hamburger

- Onenote has settings button in upper left corner after pressing hamburger

- Store has no settings button, but Settings option in hamburger menu on left side

- Phone, Messaging, Edge and others does not have hamburger in upper left, but instead three dots menu in bottom right, etc., etc.

Seems like that they started w10 development with random layout generator tool 😉

laith91

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
That is so true! I just realized how messed up it is. This is Steve ballmer magic. I hope they manage to fix it before release date.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
In Outlook Mail (or Calendar) if you expand the hamburger menu and click on the gear icon in the lower right corner, then you can click on 'Accounts' at the top and add an account from there.

You can also do this in the people app. If you open the people app, open the '...' menu, and open settings then you can see your current accounts and add an account to the phone from there

But I do not see an option to remove accounts? Anyone know how to go about doing that? I have already removed it on the outlook website, but it's still showing up on the app.

kubics

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
But I do not see an option to remove accounts? Anyone know how to go about doing that? I have already removed it on the outlook website, but it's still showing up on the app.

You cannot remove Outlook account. Don't know why...

Gmail and others can be removed in their account settings.

Dush Ku

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
If you press the Outlook mail tile does it still always take you to your inbox the way the 8.1 mail app did?
I sure hope they didn't make it like Android and iOS...

Idiosyncrasy

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
If you press the Outlook mail tile does it still always take you to your inbox the way the 8.1 mail app did?
I sure hope they didn't make it like Android and iOS...

Yup, it takes you directly to your inbox. You can however set up individual tiles for other folders on your email that will open directly to them.

And if you pin a certain account (say work vs personal), it will open up to that inbox. And if you do pin different accounts to your start screen, then you can go into your lock screen settings and enable badges for each of them separately. It's a lot better than it was during the initial release

PanaroHU

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I need some help, please. I unpinned my outlook.com account from start menu because of an issue. I unpinned it by clicking in the start menu, not in the mail app. Now I can't pin it again. The right-click menu shows the unpin option. If I click there, nothing happens. I can pin the other folders of the account, but not the inbox. I had this issue with my work Exchange account too, but I could fix it with deleting the account and adding again. I can't delete the outlook.com account, rebooting Pc and system restoration doesn't use either.

Thanks,
panaro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte