If you Start screen is Loading... or Resuming... try this

bigboy29

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I get Loading... every time I reboot. Otherwise, I get Loading or Resuming maybe 5% of the times when I go to Start. This is with build 512. It used to be much worse with 166 for me... My device is a Lumia Icon and I have 47 tiles pinned.

So - if you get Loading after reboot, this has been pretty successful for me:

• While Loading... go to Notification center (swipe down from the top)
  • Go to All Settings (might take a few times to get in there)
  • Search for Start
  • Tap on Start
  • Change the background picture for Start: if you have it on full screen picture, change it to none or vice versa
  • PRESS BACK as many times you need to back out to Start

In majority of cases, this solves the Loading... for me. You might need to do it once or twice more. I have had luck with switching between choice 1 and 3, #2 never fixed it for me for some reason.

If you get Loading... or Resuming during usual phone operation, the key seems to be to do the above, but it seems to help to kill all the apps from the backstack first. Unless you do that, when Start fails to load, it will throw you back into the last app you were running.

I also had a case where I would just leave the phone in this Loading state and put it on the wireless charger, come back in a few minutes and it is OK, but make sure you kill all the apps from the backstack first as otherwise phone will just go back to the last app.

Your mileage might vary (YMMV).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb