Root / Interop Windows 10 Moble 10166 and 10512 ! Exploit found !

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank the crafty people over at XDA, Now a Lumia/Samsung running Windows 10 Mobile (build 10166/10512 as of now) can install a XAP that will Interop/ Root their device. Just by side loading a XAP and following some quick directions

This will allow for full system access, all files and folders right on the phone, install apps that normally could not install. I remember doing back in WP7 days and it allowed me to create custom colors for tiles and a custom marketplace that allowed 3rd party modifications of the OS to fix problems (or add features that you want). You can even CHEAT on some games (I will not go into details on this so DONT EVEN PM ME ON THIS)

this also opens the doors for Exploits on your phone, as if you can access the full file system, than its possible that other programs or apps could. SO take this warning, this is not for nOOBs. Read and read again so you know what your getting into if YOU have to do this

[JAILBREAK][GUIDE] Interop Unlock for Window?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

Figured some of you would like to see this... If you have been following WIndows Phone and rooting, it's been dead, even though this hole will be closed later by Microsoft, it might be fun to play for a while :)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I kinda hope it can reach at least iOS or webOS levels of tweakability.

Ohoho fancy!

Yea, very cool, been trying to install it, from what I am seeing that it requires the SDK 8.0 not 8.1 to install. Not 100% sure on this, on my 8.1 tools I am getting errors. It was only posted yesterday, so this is pretty fresh !

More to come as I learn more but, it's looking like it works for others, could be something with my setup :(

Looking forward to browsing the file system from the ROOT of Windows Phone, always some fun stuff to do and look over the threads of registry edits for Windows Phone.

You name it you can almost do it, very, VERY cool stuff...

Always watching XDA to see what the Interop can do with Windows Phone...like I said, cant wait to play :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium