Battery Life on 10512

pippyo03

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is not the best with this build. At least not up to 8.1 standards. I'm running it on my 1020 and it gets fairly hot than what I'm used too. I actually have two 1020, ones running 8.1 and the other ones running wm10. I was preforming the same tasks on each phone, doing a speed test to see how fast wm10 Is (about a half sec slower on almost every function) and after I was done my phone running wm10 was considerably hotter and lost much more battery life than the phone running 8.1. I realize its still a preview and it's nit the end software.

But I want to know what others experiences with battery life on this build are.

monedetoune

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930 - 2 days light usage. Around 22 hours with heavy usage hour of phone call. 45 minutes of gps. Some music. A couple hours of browsing (although edge crashes like nobody's business) and of course standby. Wifi bluetooth location nfc turned on all the time. Constant whatsapp incoming msgs.

WindowsMortal

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
On my L640 XL I'm getting similar battery life as I would get with 8.1 but slightly worst, I usually get 20-22 hours too, whatsapp, music, reading news, surfing and some. I think we're just near to get a better battery life than with 8.1, if not in next update, second, but l hopefully think so.

zombiegator

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
My battery life on my Nokia Lumia 920 has been much worse on Windows 10 than it has been on 8.1, For some reason it shows my display using a lot of my battery which makes no sense because I barely touch my phone all day so where on 8.1 it would normally be on 80% by the end of the day when not using it, my phone was on 17%. So something is definitely wrong, whether it be glance screen or something I'm not sure.
wp_ss_20150816_0002.png

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Not as good as 10166 here. Can be, but occasionally something does a rapid drain.

I found that if I use the camera on my 1520 OR scan through images on OneDrive for just a few minutes, battery drain instantly drops from say 90% to less than 20 and will cause the phone to shut down. You get that sound from your phone then, nothing. Phone goes dead. It does a lot of things better than previous build, but this build is focused on things other than battery management it seems. I also found that certain apps will freeze the phone solid where it takes a hard reset to recover.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon