How to fix consistent and changing random BSOD on PC

samuelsbald

Jun 24, 2022
Visit site
Hi there, huge thanks to anyone helping me. I just lost my phone and my pc is my last link to modern life so im quite desperate. '

I have a home built (2 years ago) Pc running windows 10. The BSOD's started (i think) shortly after a failed windows update.

For the last month I've ben getting random BSOD, sometimes while on desktop or browsing chrome and more frequently when gaming. Today i reinstalled windows for a second time but imediatly got a BSOD after booting up.
I have taken the following steps to resolve the problem without succes:

Run diagnostics on both my drives (internal sata ssd boot drive and an external usb ssd).

Updated all drivers

Disconnected all peripherals

Reset my PC

Reinstalled windows twice from an ISO (pretty sure i made a clean install)

The stop codes change between a couple different ones but most frequently these:

System service exception
Driver IRQL not less or equal
Page fault in non paged area (most frequent one)
System service exception + uafv.sys failed
System thread exception not handled

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Your problem is complex and related to System Drivers anyways follow the steps regarding the errors you mention.

1. System Service Exception & System Service Exception + uafv.sys failed
My first response to the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION stop code after a reboot would be to run these commands in an administrative Command Prompt or PowerShell session:

Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

SFC /scannow

The first command will find and replace any corrupted or missing files in the Windows Component Store (usually C:\Windows\WinSxS). The second command will examine all Windows system files (SFC stands for System File Checker, in fact) and replace any damaged or missing files it identifies.

Check the Hard Drive, run Command Prompt as an administrator. Type chkdsk /f /r in the CMD window and press Enter. Type Y and restart your PC so that the utility can check for file system errors, find and shield bad sectors.

Update Your Drivers, Open Device Manager, find the drivers (including video card drivers and sound card drivers) if have a yellow alert symbol attached to it. Then, right-click each problem-driver to choose Update driver.

2. Driver IRQL not less or equal
Open Device Manager, expand category “Network adapters”. Right-click on a network device and click Uninstall. You may be asked to confirm the uninstall. Click OK to confirm it. If you also have installed wireless network adapters, repeat steps above to uninstall and the wireless drivers. Reboot your pc and check to see if the problem is resolved.

3. Page fault in non paged area
This problem will be addressed by the steps you taken first on running DISM tool and by rechecking your driver thoroughly. This problem is specifically related to drivers and I always suggest to download and install the drivers from device manufacturer’s website for a newer version of the driver.

4. System thread exception not handled
This problem is also related to Drivers problem so if you keenly work on updating your proper system drivers then this problem will be solved and again I said always prefer device manufacturer’s website for a newer version of the driver. DISM and SFC scanning is also suggested for resolving this issue.

Hoping that your problem will be resolved and again I will say take a deep look on your "Device Drivers".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs