Windows 10 Mobile Issue - Can't change Start-Screen Background (Build 10166)

dragosefrem

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've recently installed Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 on my Nokia Lumia 625 and I noticed I can't change my Start-Screen background, going to Personalization > Start-Screen > and uploading doesn't have any effect. Is there any way to fix this?

Short update (9/6/2015), just fixed this! All I had to do is head to the Photos app, select the image I want and tap on "Set as Background" and now it's working fine!

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm the same happened to me when I first got 10166. it actually seemed to fix itself like a month later when the feature to change background came in the Photos app update. I was able to change it there, and after a soft reset, I was also able to do it from the settings app. let me know if that works.

Aurelink

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've recently installed Windows 10 Mobile Build 10166 on my Nokia Lumia 625 and I noticed I can't change my Start-Screen background, going to Personalization > Start-Screen > and uploading doesn't have any effect. Is there any way to fix this?

I suggest you to go and download the latest build (10512). This bug has been solved and, if you stay in an old build, you may have to recover to WP8.1 to get a more recent build if they put another out (you may have, not "you will")

rexnaresh

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
I've got another issue; I'm unable to get updates from Insider slow, however I'm getting update from Insider fast.
I'm not a developer, and considering the updates from insider fast being lot buggier than insider slow I also don't want to risk my phone.
Is there any way I can get updates from insider slow? Or, can I trust the update from Insider fast?

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I've got another issue; I'm unable to get updates from Insider slow, however I'm getting update from Insider fast.
I'm not a developer, and considering the updates from insider fast being lot buggier than insider slow I also don't want to risk my phone.
Is there any way I can get updates from insider slow? Or, can I trust the update from Insider fast?
Honestly 10512 fixes a lot more than it breaks. Only problems I face at the moment are mobile hotspot being broken, a more or less minor inconvenience, and the quiet hours quick action button not working. I think you'll find this build quite stable, and I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been pushed to slow yet (probably bc of hotspot issue)

dragosefrem

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Short update, just fixed this! All I had to do is head to the Photos app, select the image I want and tap on "Set as Background" and now it's working fine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon