Why won't my W10 store downloading updates?

brentman

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
w10m store not downloading updates

I recently noticed that the store on my Lumia 925 running Windows 10 Mobile 10.0.10512.1000 won't actually download anything. I can check for updates and it lists a few things, namely the store and Microsoft Photos but each install seems to hang after it gets started. It will say "Starting download and then just flip to an empty progress bar.

Here are some things I've tried to get the store to start working again:
- restarting the phone
- doing a soft reset
- changing the date and time of my device to something, testing the store, changing the date/time back to automatic setting, tested store again
- turning off my wifi and trying to download over LTE
- turning off automatic app updates and manually searching

I'm out of ideas at this point and I'd like to avoid doing a hard reset if I can. Any other suggestions on things I can try?

brentman

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
re:

I did do a hard reset after updating from the last w10m insider build. The store had been working since I installed the lastest preview (the day it came out) until a few days ago. I'm wondering if there is some download cache or something that might need to be cleared to get things working again.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hey I think it can be a authentication issue ,
Things you can try
1) changing all settings to some other region language speech and try updating the system apps if it works...then revert back
2) signout of your Microsoft account and sign in again.
let us know if that worked

brentman

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
re:

It looks like changing the region did let me download an update so I switched my region back and it seems like all downloads are working again. Thanks for the suggestions!

grumble69

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue. But instead of not updating, it just wasn't downloading any new apps (Lumia 635). It would look like it was going to download, but then it would just take me back to the windows store main menu. The store had been working just fine for about 8 weeks. This was fairly recent. Anyway, I changed my region to Canada and then back to US and things are working again. Thx!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon