OneDrive not syncing

fekberg

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having trouble getting photos from the camera roll uploaded to OneDrive?

I've enabled "Camera upload" in the OneDrive settings, and when I check the Uploading/Camera tabs in the sync place, it just says "No files are uploading right now".

Is this feature not available in the latest W10M?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this as well. It's not just you.. But apparently it's not everybody either. For now, until they update it, or until the next build, we'll just have to manually upload our pics to Onedrive. Either that, or transfer the pics to our PCs and from there, place them in the appropriate Onedrive folders?

It's the small price we pay being Insider Preview testers.. Little annoyances like these. Don't forget to send feedback. Most of the stock apps in these preview builds have the "send feedback" button built right into the app's menu (hamburger menu/settings)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just looking at Onedrive on my 1520 and all the recent pictures are actually there in the camera roll folder. So it is auto-uploading them.. Just not when I thought it should have already. My guess is it's waiting for conditions to be just right; a good WiFi connection and an idle system. Then again, it may be something on the back end. (on their end - like updating the servers or something)

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes it auto uploads right away. Sometimes it doesn't.

Sometimes, when I take a set of photos, it will upload a few of them... and stop.

In any case, opening the OneDrive app and letting it sit a few minutes seems to get things started again. You have to be patient though, as after opening the app it will say there's nothing to upload even if there is. Give it time to wake up and get going.

Erich Lampart

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi Guys,
I have the same issue on my Lumia 830. The uploading is very slow.
But now I see that all my pics are in High resolution on the cloud and that is for me personally bad.
On windows phone 8.1 you could switch between upload in Hei or low resolution. This function seams to be gone.
I use my phone very often to take technical pictures to attache on e-mails, so for that reason the low resolution upload was perfect.
Now I have to switch the resolution to low before I take pictures for an attachment.otherwise I have 10 MB with 4 pics.
I hope this function comes back for the official Windows 10 for Phone.
Even a function to upload both, heigh and low resolution in two different folders on Onedrive would be perfect!

Have you guys an Idea?

Cheers Eric

MP3Mike

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
In any case, opening the OneDrive app and letting it sit a few minutes seems to get things started again. You have to be patient though, as after opening the app it will say there's nothing to upload even if there is. Give it time to wake up and get going.

Yeah, I found that too, but it only queues up so many and then stops. Then I have to go load the app again and let it do it's thing... Annoying.

Has everyone filed, or voted for, a related Windows Feedback item?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital