MS Maps Going Wrong Directions

leehab

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
So I updated to latest build on my 1520 an lost HERE+ and decided to use Maps . Some well known streets showed " Unnamed" . Instead of telling me how to get to a street and then turn,
it told me to turn on that street . My house is off a main road requiring just a left turn to my street and Maps told me to make a U-turn . HERE+ always told me to turn left on my street which is the Right thing to do .

Microsoft like its Maps going the wrong directions . Taking away HERE+ and instead imposing a half baked navigations on us that is useless . Navigations appreciate in value and MS instead of buying HERE+ decided to construct its own maps and also borrowing some from Nokia and so far has produced " disaster " . Navigations take many years to build that is why they appreciate in value . Microsoft should have bought HERE+ and quietly work on its Maps and after completion could have sold HERE+ at a profit or offer it as an option . HERE+ is now free on Android and IOS yet banned by Microsoft . Wrong Direction

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I am sorry that Maps gave the wrong directions and i can not help you with this.
But if you lost HERE during the update you can get it back with a hard reset. (I got it back on my 920 and 930).

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
MS are not taking away HERE apps, we're just waiting for HERE to update their apps for W10/W10M. It's their (HERE) explanation.

I find Maps better than HERE, as it *actually* avoids traffic, unlike HERE. When you live in a dense area (as I do, next to Paris), the difference is HUGE.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs