Is there a way to delete the Outlook account form Windows 10 Mobile?

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Yesterday I had installed build 10549 of W10M on my phone. I had to hard reset it becuase of some crashes and errors.

Now, my associated Outlook account does not sync giving the error 0x80070490.

Is there a way to delete the Microsoft account and connect to it again? I cannot afford a hard reset once again.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, since you are getting errors, I would strongly suggest that you try to find a way to afford another hard reset. Everything else would be trickery and probably wouldn't resolve your problem. Error 0x80070490 refers to damaged system files in Windows Update, so, trying to remove your Outlook account won't solve it.

If I were you, I would revert back to WP8.1 and stick with it until the official version is out. I am only saying this because it sounds like you have to rely on your phone ("can't afford another hard reset"), so, running a preview build (speak: alpha / beta software) naturally bears the risk of being unstable and buggy.

Deepak

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, since you are getting errors, I would strongly suggest that you try to find a way to afford another hard reset. Everything else would be trickery and probably wouldn't resolve your problem. Error 0x80070490 refers to damaged system files in Windows Update, so, trying to remove your Outlook account won't solve it.

If I were you, I would revert back to WP8.1 and stick with it until the official version is out. I am only saying this because it sounds like you have to rely on your phone ("can't afford another hard reset"), so, running a preview build (speak: alpha / beta software) naturally bears the risk of being unstable and buggy.

Thanks. But problem seems to have been solved. I saw that the Outlook mail app was being updated in the Store. It is suddenly working fine. In fact, I received a mail that you have answered my question 😉

And a hard reset it not affordable for me not because it's my primary phone. But because, I will have to set up my phone from scratch including installing and updating all my apps.

Tumultus

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. But problem seems to have been solved. I saw that the Outlook mail app was being updated in the Store. It is suddenly working fine. In fact, I received a mail that you have answered my question 😉

And a hard reset it not affordable for me not because it's my primary phone. But because, I will have to set up my phone from scratch including installing and updating all my apps.
I am glad your problems are gone. Still, the 2nd paragraph of your reply was exactly my point: You shouldn't run beta software on your primary device ... ever! (unless you can afford to deal with problems, bugs and complicated troubleshooting / problem-solving procedures. That includes having to hard reset your device more often than you want to. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos