A week (almost) with W10 mobile preview build-10549

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This build is certainly a lot more stable. Fewer crashes definitely. Faster. And the biggest improvement of all i have to say, is the battery life. My god has it improved! So far, it's very much usable. I've in fact used it as a daily driver and it hasn't disappointed me much.

But wait!! I have to revert back to WP8.1. Why? Cause while the mobile hotspot not working, Edge constantly crashing, Groove music not working -- are not that big a deal and i can still work my way around it, the one important thing that is a must-have -- WIFI -- isn't working.

This is not a new issue. I've previously installed 3 other preview builds, and they all had this issue. I had backed out for a while and not tried the last few builds only because of this. I thought this would get fixed, but it didn't. And nobody else is complaining, so i guess i'm one of the only few unlucky insiders with this issue. So the reason(s) i would revert back:

1. Wifi won't turn on. Says "We can't do this right now. Restart phone or try later"
2. Groove music won't work. Says "We can't find some audio drivers right now. Please try later"

And that's pretty much it. If i could only find a fix for the wifi problem, even that would be enough for me to keep using this build.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Lumia 525. I've tried soft resets. Multiple times.

If it helps: for one of the previous builds, i had done a hard reset, and re-installed the build (10166 i think). But the wi-fi problem hadn't solved itself.

alokinalset

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
This build solve almost all issues for L920, battery life is fair enough as my phone is going to 3 yrs, battery usage is not reporting so i don't have an idea who is eating up the power, I disabled some apps and the device hub from running in the background now less heat and noticed that battery gives me 7 hrs, playing music while using facebook, and/or 9gag during my commute.

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Try the newest one. Also those are some serious errors. I havent heard anyone complain abou them till now.

Is there any way to upgrade to the latest build without wifi? Maybe using the software recovery tool? Cause, if not, i'll have to roll back to 8.1 and then do the process all over again.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to upgrade to the latest build without wifi? Maybe using the software recovery tool? Cause, if not, i'll have to roll back to 8.1 and then do the process all over again.

Well, you have to rollback to 8.1 anyways, you can't get it from W10.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs