10549 isn't ready as a daily driver on 920

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Just figured I'd give my 2 cents about 10549.4 on a Lumia 920.

First off, I think the new features are great, I just don't think it's ready for daily use. This is a beta, but it's hard to test something if it's this buggy still.

You can make calls and texts and get email, but still a lot of random crashes, and the keyboard issue is almost unbearable.

If you've got an extra 920 and want to try it, go for it, it's cool, it's got nice features, there's a lot to test and try out. But if you live solely on your 920, I'd wait.

I'm going to keep it on mine for now, but it's 50/50 whether it works or not when I unlock the screen.

PS, Yes, I know this is beta, I beta test a lot. I'm not complaining, I'm just letting others know what I've found so they can make an informed decision.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes there's a few glitches that can be ironed out with a hard reset. This is mainly the case if you don't find a lot of comments on forums describing the same issues.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked up an 820 to test drive and I concur. Hard resets have been done, installs over clean WDRT installs...

For some reason performance is better on the Snapdragon 400 devices despite being similar in benchmark scores between the S4 in the 820/920 and the 400 in the 830, etc.

But considering the preview released first on 400 devices and is probably better fitted to them, go figure.

920Walker

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have many of the same issues, 920, with hard reset, no restore. As long as phone, sms, mail and music work I'm ok for now. I get crashes when unlocking the phone.

eehsun

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's just that I've gotten used to using an unstable OS, but this build feels fairly smooth to me on a 920. (I always hard reset after upgrades, though, so maybe that helps)

mkenyon2

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I did do a Hard reset, no restore... still issues. But this is my first of the builds for WM10, so perhaps it's still more stable than earlier builds. I'm sure they'll get straightened out. W10 was glitchy on my PC when I previewed it, but it progressively got better. I was able to run that in a virtual machine tho, so daily use wasn't affected.

That's the problem when you want the latest and greatest tho. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HardinTergat