Who's got build 10572? How's it working for you?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
How is the battery life ? I have installed 10572 build via rolling back to 8.1 and upgrading it. Battery life on my 1520 is horrible. I get maximum of 6-7 hours ..Any suggestions to improve battery life?:crying:

Check which apps can run in the background and disable them. I've disabled all of them for now

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
OK, this is by far the most unstable build I ever had on my 1520. Never experienced so many reboots and app crashes! But this happens if you do some dramatic optimizations for the first time, I guess.

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
almost zero restarts for me on 930, which is basicly the same phone as 1520, so there might be an isolated issue with yours?

Bo Kristensen

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Pew!! ... The worst version yet on my 930 daily driver ...
Battery is draining - apparently by the messages app (70+ pct)
One drive is buggy - or at least less intuitive to me
Camera crashes
I think in general more flaws in most aspects of my usage. With all previous builds I was only looking forward ... now I am not sure

Unauthorized

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site
almost zero restarts for me on 930, which is basicly the same phone as 1520, so there might be an isolated issue with yours?

Same hardware does not necessarily mean same software... Btw. I do not have many apps installed, even removed some that come with the image like Facebook and most of the Lumia apps.

mnsiw

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Windows Insider since it was started, tried all Windows 10 Mobile Preview builds and always reverted back to Windows Phone 8.1 for one reason or another, this is a first build that I'm using as daily driver on Lumia 535, no issue except two or three restarts. Just need 3G only setting for data back :)

Ian Bugeja

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
930 here. Previous builds were horrible when it relates to battery lifetime. This build is great and 1 charge lasts more than a day with average usage.

Hildr

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
After a hard time to install it (two roll back to 8.1, then two hard reset to have everything working), it's by far the best w10 exp?rience I had on my L1520. Not a single bug, lag, resume screen, haunted tactile (I'm not talking about the fantom touch, but the time when the screen just went crazy) for three day (of my personnal use). But a store that open quickly, same for app installation. Well, an overall really fast and responsive exp?rience.
I was wondering about the L950XL, but now I'm just amazed again by how my 1520 run beautiffuly :D

isetiadi

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Just try 10572 on my Lumia 535 Dual SIM. Basically it is much better than previous builds and looks like I can use it for daily driver but still need to test it at least 2 or 3 days ahead. Some glitches that I found:
- Fhotoroom and 6tag don't work. Stuck on opening screen. Already tried to uninstall and reinstall those apps. My setting for installation location is on the device, not SD-Card.
- Can't see sub-folders inbox in Exchange email. Already tried to remove the account and add again, no luck.
- Camera is flickering on right side (or top side when in landscape mode). I am updating the Windows Camera when I write this post, so let's see if the update fixes this.

Any suggestions on those?
Thank you.

Update: after updates Outlook email, now I can see all folders in my Exchange email.
6Tag and Fhotoroom are still not working, Windows Camera still flickering on right side. Hard reset didn't help.
Set network to manual and also set APN to manual to fix problem with network connection.
Still okay for daily driver, anyway.

DeanoWC

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
So, I *just* got my M8 yesterday and not knowing what I could and couldn't do, I told Cortana "Play me music" and she cranked out a random piece out of my songs. After turning the volume WAY down, I tried "Play me Kansas" and she did. Maybe give a shot at "Play me the beach boys"?

Edit: Except, I just tried saying "Play Kansas" without the Me which she did with a flourishing introduction.

Mmm still not working for specific artists on mine even if I say "Play me", did work for "Play me music" though, I do have my music stored on my SD card, wonder if that might be why?

bulutsuzgece

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Build 10572 impressions on Lumia 920:

*Firstly, it's the most stable build ever. You can use this build on your daily usage.
*No heating issue (if you keep your background internet and location usage under control. Suggestion: Turn off the location info for apps except Maps if you have heating issue)
*Still there is slight lag on Lockscreen and some system apps like People/Contact List, Messages and Store.
*Call/Phone and Storage apps are really faster and bettter than previous.
*Mobile hotspot has still the same issue. It still disconnects when the screen gone dark.Have to set lockscreen time unlimited.
*Battery performance is better, too.
*Refreshing time in Photos app is slightly better but still not fast enough.
*But still some missing points which will probably be completed in future builds.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
This and the previous (10549) build actually has my phone battery draining more than usual.
I especially notice this when I'm using the phone.

When on standby, the usage is about 1% per hour but when I start to use, it goes from about 4% per hour to higher. I've switched off all background apps but still usage is higher than normal. It has to do with the way the phone works with cellular connections

I'll wait it out and put 10575 and hope for battery usage similar to 10512 if not better

On a side note, I was able to take 300 photos+videos, check Here maps for a few minutes and take a couple of screen shots while my battery drained from 100% to 15% over the course of 8 hours on a trip. Flight mode was on. That's the most it ever did I think. This was on build 10549, using Lumia 1020 and Lumia camera

Jaeboum

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
On Lumia 1020

1. Battery life: Definitively improved compared with previous builds. No heating issue. Comparable to Win 8.1 mobile

2. Camera app: Even worse from previous builds. Frequent crashes and freezing. I had to reboot my phone several times because of freezing after taking one or two photos. Reviewing photos is also very annoying. Unusable in terms of taking photos and reviewing. Fortunately, the app 'lumia photo' works smooth, therefore I don't use the default camera app any more. I cannot believe that the developers in MS do not recognize this issue.

3. Edge: In terms of speed, It is probably faster than IE in Win 8.1 mobile. However, the browser is unstable and sometimes unresponsive. Changing the default search engine bing to google was also very tricky. I had to change the system default language to English from the language in my country to change the default search engine. Automatic syncing the browser's favorites to the favorites in IE works very well.

4. Store app: Scrolling is almost impossible in 'Download and update'. Frequent crashing as well.

5. Lock screen delay: Major updates released yesterday resolved the lock screen delay.

6. Message app: Buggy. My wife and daughter have similar telephone number that the last 6-digits are the same. When my wife send a text message to me, my phone indicates the message is sent by my daughter. The other issue is that texts are not fully restored after installing this new build.

7. OneNote: Numerous crash.

Overall impression: Even though the loading and resume issue is gone, the core apps such as Camera, Photo, Message, and OneNote are now full of bugs. I hope these issues are resolved in the upcoming build.

Last edited:

Joseph Avena

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Overall build is ok and the OS is responsive Lumia 830

Battery: life of battery is about 75% of what I had
Battery App: does not display apps used in the past so I can't tweak the settings
Scrolling: very jittery especially in FB,USA today and the MS news app
Camera: flakey, takes too long to save a HDR picture
Photos: too long to load and when sharing through an app it sometimes does not work
Outlook: need different alerts for different email (has this in iOS)

Like the look and feel, but still needs to be refined, probably of for daily driver at this point but some things will irritating.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonkalas