outlook- uploading/downloading attachments very slow, doesn't open directly from the app

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 640 late, last build... Firstly When i try to download /upload any file as attachment it takes ages, like 5 min to download let's say 1mb excel file, it's ridiculous. Could you please confirm if you have the same?
The second thing is that in the last build I can't open any file directly from the mail app. First i have to save it on my phone and then I can open it from that location... Everyone has the same?

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
...am I the only one who think this is a real issue?

I just bought new 950 lte, updated to the latest available firmware.
Everything else is working fine for me but the email app which is one of the most important apps for me is still sooo laggy?!
WHY?
Why it takes so long to download any attachment from email? Even 50-100kb is like 2-3 min to download!
Can anyone explain it to me please? Am I doing something wrong or the mail app is still so slow?

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
...am I the only one who think this is a real issue?

I just bought new 950 lte, updated to the latest available firmware.
Everything else is working fine for me but the email app which is one of the most important apps for me is still sooo laggy?!
WHY?
Why it takes so long to download any attachment from email? Even 50-100kb is like 2-3 min to download!
Can anyone explain it to me please? Am I doing something wrong or the mail app is still so slow?

youre not the only one - i have a 950XL, not on insider preview, running 10586.29 and i seem to have more of an issue with the downloading of the message and photos (after i click that link) and it seems to be more with Yahoo and less with Hotmail... so i wonder if its an issue with the type of email...?
I did create a post in Windows 10 Mobile sub-forum, but i guess its not that important to people... but its frustrating - its actually the only issue i have with windows 10 mobile right now... liking everything else about it.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
so we're on the same boat. This suppose to be my phone to work, not for fun, so I don't understand why such problem exist with one of the must-work app these days on smartphones..
Actually I've never seen similar issue on any phone I had (and there was a lot of it in my life). W10M has this problem from the beginning when I installed first preview build on my L640...

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I regularly email photos to colleagues at work in connection with our business, and the process is massively slower than it was previously under 8.1 This is a major gripe I have with Win10M, that along with the keyboard that pops up when it shouldn't sometimes, and also if I touch the notification at the top of the screen when an SMS comes in, it just says resuming forever. If I press the home button, I can then open the Messaging app immediately with no delay - I think this last issue is recent development. Rebooting the phone, or doing a soft reset has not resolved this.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I agree that downloading attachments is really slow, takes 15-30 seconds for me for a 20kB file
Lumia 1020
1.25MBps wifi

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans