stuck on 10240

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
so i have a surface pro 3 and i was an insider on my desktop - did the whole windows 10 update on my SP3 and i turned on insider fast ring about two weeks ago - i've not received the option to update to anything

is there a known issue why this is not working

thanks

Nicholas Ek

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
If you stop the Windows Update service (Task Manager >> Services >> select wuauserv, right click and then click "Stop"), delete the contents of C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder, restart the service (or the Surface), and then recheck for updates, you should get it.
Though you might as well wait for November 12th, when it's supposed to hit regular Windows Update.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Its not an issue that cannot be fixed in less than 2 mins, definitely not a show stopper.

it's such a stupid bug to have on principle - this is their OWN hardware - how does it not work properly - they only have what? four devices to test? - I have to reboot my SP3 every so often because the type cover stops working when it comes back from hibernate - this kind of thing (to me) is unacceptable given that this is THEIR OWN FREAKING PRODUCT

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
it's such a stupid bug to have on principle - this is their OWN hardware - how does it not work properly - they only have what? four devices to test? - I have to reboot my SP3 every so often because the type cover stops working when it comes back from hibernate - this kind of thing (to me) is unacceptable given that this is THEIR OWN FREAKING PRODUCT

Type cover not working after resume from hibernate is a new issue, the power button issue was that instead of putting the machine to sleep (connected standby) it turned off the machine or put it to hibernate. I merely mentioned that the default behavior can be changed from advanced power options to set the machine to sleep on power button press. Besides its not a bug but an incorrect default behavior. Also you might also consider this being a beta OS so bugs are expected.

loribinca

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Type cover not working after resume from hibernate is a new issue, the power button issue was that instead of putting the machine to sleep (connected standby) it turned off the machine or put it to hibernate. I merely mentioned that the default behavior can be changed from advanced power options to set the machine to sleep on power button press. Besides its not a bug but an incorrect default behavior. Also you might also consider this being a beta OS so bugs are expected.

My main point being that the are Microsoft's OWN devices - how many are we talking about? --four surface models currently on the market? either they're not doing a good job with testing their own gear, or they did catch this in test and deemed the issue not to be a blocker.

ANY bug that causes me to somehow use other methods than the mouse to stop what I am doing, save off my work and restart is a BLOCKER - end of.

A bug like that certainly does NOT make me "Productive like a Boss!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit