Windows 10 keyboard bug

Zsolt Zombori Jr

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello WP fans! I installed the win 10 preview on my 640XL DS and it runs great, but i have an annoying bug. I wonder if anyone else has it. When i type something the keyboard frequently crashes. It disappears and doesn't come back up when i tap on a text area i should be able to type in. Sometimes it closes and the phone freezes and reboots itself. Yes i've tried a soft and a hard reset, without luck. Has somebody encountered this bug? I've reported it to Microsoft. Running on 8.1 till this gets fixed.

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you try to switch to landscape mode and the keyboard is "crashed"? One so far in the 72 hours I've had my 950, the keyboard went all black (like when you hold down the windows button to make the screen move down, but the bottom went black instead). When I angled the phone to landscape it came back, and when I went back to regular angle it was still there and usable.

Zsolt Zombori Jr

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
What happens when you try to switch to landscape mode and the keyboard is "crashed"? One so far in the 72 hours I've had my 950, the keyboard went all black (like when you hold down the windows button to make the screen move down, but the bottom went black instead). When I angled the phone to landscape it came back, and when I went back to regular angle it was still there and usable.

I didn't tried that but when it crashes it just disappears. The freez and the reboot happens when i press the home key. It is a strange bug...

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It disappears like it was never there or it disappears and leave the bottom part of the screen black and controls moved up as if is allocating the space but not showing the graphics for the keyboard?

lidanh

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

Were you able to fix this issue?
I've tried everything including downgrading to 8.1 and upgrading to 10 again.

The keyboard disappears sometimes and when I click the home key while it's not visible, the phone restarts itself. The exact same issue you are having.

Thanks,
Lidan

Win10all

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
my 640xll lte ds never experience keyboard issue from .29 to .36. it could be something to do with your apps which you are using. if it only associated with certain apps, then most likely the issue is from that app? if it is a 3rd party app, then un-install and re-install it may fix your problem.

Bhawk90

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I thought I am the only one with this problem. I have recorded a video about this, sadly I cannot post URLs yet so here is the video ID: fcfHUaxqSaQ (paste it after watch?v= on any YouTube video)
It happens with all the messaging apps I have installed: the built-in Messaging, Skype, Facebook Messenger. And just to mention, my phone is a Lumia 640 Dual Sim too.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I thought I am the only one with this problem. I have recorded a video about this, sadly I cannot post URLs yet so here is the video ID: fcfHUaxqSaQ (paste it after watch?v= on any YouTube video)
It happens with all the messaging apps I have installed: the built-in Messaging, Skype, Facebook Messenger. And just to mention, my phone is a Lumia 640 Dual Sim too.

It seems like the known Messages app exiting crash bug.
My cure is NEVER fast tap back, only a long tap on back key till Task Manager is showen, then Home key.

Maybe it works on other apps too

lidanh

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
It seems like the known Messages app exiting crash bug.
My cure is NEVER fast tap back, only a long tap on back key till Task Manager is showen, then Home key.

Maybe it works on other apps too

I don't think it's the same bug. At my end it happens on any app that opens the keyboard. Plus, going to Task Manager can invoke OS crash as well (not just the home key)

Bhawk90

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The problem surely is in pair with the bug that makes the keyboard disappear, stuck, freeze, etc. A friend of mine does not have this issue on his mobile with Windows 10 Mobile. He has a Lumia 640 Single Sim but he didn't restore settings when he installed Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview. Maybe the installation gets corrupted when restoring data from previous installation?

Can you guys confirm if you have had your settings restored?

Bhawk90

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
First I thought using English keyboard solves the issue but after a while it kept freezing :(

UPDATE: Okay, I have done a factory reset on my phone without restoring my settings. No freezing yet, I'll keep you guys updated.

Last edited:

lidanh

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
First I thought using English keyboard solves the issue but after a while it kept freezing :(

UPDATE: Okay, I have done a factory reset on my phone without restoring my settings. No freezing yet, I'll keep you guys updated.

...I'm anxious to know if it worked :)

Bhawk90

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
...I'm anxious to know if it worked :)

Well it still works. I've installed the hungarian keyboard too and it seems to be okay. I'll keep testing it for a few days, but I've managed to do a full 30 minute chat without a single freeze already in the Messaging app :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss