How do i automatically backup screenshots to OneDrive?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
How do i automatically backup screenshots to OneDrive taken on Windows 10 Mobile?
The auto backup features I've seen only refers to the smartphone camera images and videos. But nothing mentions screenshots on mobile.

OneDrive for Windows 10 desktop has the option to automatically backup screenshots to OneDrive, but there is no option like that on mobile. Is there something I'm missing? Is there an easy solution or workaround?

EDIT: The workaround I've found was to use the file explorer and manually moving the screenshot files into the Cameral Roll folder. It will eventually automatically back it up to OneDrive.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
How do i automatically backup screenshots to OneDrive taken on Windows 10 Mobile?
The auto backup features I've seen only refers to the smartphone camera images and videos. But nothing mentions screenshots on mobile.

OneDrive for Windows 10 desktop has the option to automatically backup screenshots to OneDrive, but there is no option like that on mobile. Is there something I'm missing? Is there an easy solution or workaround?

EDIT: The workaround I've found was to use the file explorer and manually moving the screenshot files into the Cameral Roll folder. It will eventually automatically back it up to OneDrive.

Correct. Same as Whatsapp images

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
Go to

OneDrive > the Menu icon (the three lines in the top left) > Settings > Camera Upload, and turn it on. Pictures taken or saved will be stored both on your device AND in OneDrive. Quoted from Bing.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Go to

OneDrive > the Menu icon (the three lines in the top left) > Settings > Camera Upload, and turn it on. Pictures taken or saved will be stored both on your device AND in OneDrive. Quoted from Bing.

Thx for the effort. But as I stated above, it does not apply to screenshots taken on Windows 10 Mobile. That only applies to images and videos take using the Camera app. Camera Roll folder is separate from Screenshot folder. Check the workaround I wrote above.

If anyone finds any other sneaky easy way, please share.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Thx for the effort. But as I stated above, it does not apply to screenshots taken on Windows 10 Mobile. That only applies to images and videos take using the Camera app. Camera Roll folder is separate from Screenshot folder. Check the workaround I wrote above.

If anyone finds any other sneaky easy way, please share.

OneDrive pic update is only for saved and camera since 8.1, for all the rest you must open Photos, select all pictures you want to save, and tap Share -> OneDrive.
Obviously OneDrive must be allowed in background apps

PhineasTD

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
You can control what OneDrive backs up, including apps and data. There should be a way to back up nearly any folder or app I would presume. I'm not all too familiar myself, but am learning.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
You can control what OneDrive backs up, including apps and data. There should be a way to back up nearly any folder or app I would presume. I'm not all too familiar myself, but am learning.

Sorry, that's not like win10 desktop. You can only choose pics, video, apps and settings, not folders on Lumia

Sandra Milo

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
After moving the screenshot folder to camera roll, do new screenshots get saved properly? Just want to be clear it works before I move it. Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise