New music playback bug in the new Windows 10 mobile insider build, is anyone having this issue?

Kumar Gaurav

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
New music playback bug in the new windows 10 mobile insider build

After the recent insider update .71, the music playback in 3rd party apps is having an issue. If the screen is locked, the next song won't play automatically. It gets stuck at 00:00 and as soon as I unlock the phone it starts playing.I tried the same on groove music and its working fine. Only the 3rd party music apps are having the issue. I am using core music player and loco music player. I have tried soft reset and reinstalling the apps which doesn't fix the issue. If this issue is with the current build then hard reset won't help.
Anyone else having the same issue?

KwisatzHaderach

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
Yes, same thing here with the Audiobit player. While switching to the next song in lock screen the play symbol is active, there even is song progression but all stays mute. Toggling pause/play resolves the issue momentarily.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: New music playback bug in the new windows 10 mobile insider build

Same with mixcloud, overlay play pause commands conflicts with app track control, I must first pause and tap back on Windows controls, then use app controls to change track

nailzer

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: New music playback bug in the new windows 10 mobile insider build

Can you send feedback to those apps and let them know, would it be their fault or the platform ?

LiShaolan452

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi sorry for bringing that thread up

This bug affected the 10586.107 build and the newer redstone 14267.1002 build does not fix it either.
Maybe it was broken on purpose to make Groove Music the only music app usable going forward...

I managed to side-load Music Hub Tile again since I bought the Lumia 950 XL in november so I was using the very default (and old) Music Backstop native application, and now it is broken. Even album art for newly added music does not show up anymore on build 14267. Remember that ALL WP8.0-8.1-era music apps are using Music Backstop as backend that's why it's not necessary to ask app devs about it.

10.0.14267.1002_2016.02.21_Music-Backstp12 (issues again).jpg

My guess is that MS fixed the speaker/white noise issue that was occurring when music was paused/stopped (happened all the time for me) and that this fix caused the playback bug for 3rd party apps,
Before build 10586.71 it was too sensitive (I had several times music starting to play after I stopped it and removed my headphones lol) and now it's the other way around !

Now if only Groove supported playcounts syncing with iTunes (via Windows Phone desktop app) I would be OK with it... because the Groove music app really improved especially with offline/personal/manually added music files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre