Windows Maps update 5.x

original.woodster

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that since the new Maps update with the new Insider preview that it struggles to place my location accurately when in driving mode. The route calculates accurately, and the turn-by-turn is accurate. But the circle or dot that is supposed to be your current location jumps all over the place.

I've noticed that the quickest and simplest way to get your place on the map accurately is to press the pause button, wait a couple of seconds and then resume the map. This in my experience has rectified the issue.

Has anyone else had this issue?

gesi666

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Try to hide the virtual buttons, and then pull them back up. After that your Lokation will be shown exactly. Works for me. Strange bug!

anon(5346243)

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Same here, the map believes I am 2 - 3 blocks away from my current location... Annoying while driving since always recalculate route !!!

Also, do you get the new Drive Mode UI as shown on the blog? in particular the top bar in landscape mode??? mine is still a full high bar (as high as the arrow rectangle) with the text in the middle, ie taking nearly 1/3 of my landscape screen ??? (L950XL with display size scaling to minimum).

Do you have traffic displayed while driving? no green/amber/red colour on the road even if the traffic is enabled before the direction + go and with good mobile data signal...?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos