Lumia 520 and Redstone Builds

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
So the thing is I hacked my Lumia 520 through registry to make it support downloading of Redstone builds. Well I don't know if it is working or not yet because if I choose Fast ring on windows insider app I get no updates available in settings update section. Well then I chose slow ring and I got 14295.1000 update so I just wanna ask that is there any thing else that I can do to get the fast ring updates or should I just stay on slow ring as it is working for me somehow. And that what is the latest build for the slow ring members. Thanks
P.s. I didn't search the forum because I didn't know what to search for since my phone is hacked.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok so I'm kindly asking you to go back to 218 :) it seems the two latest builds have been putting phones into bootloops and considering that you have a 512mb device, the latest builds definitely aren't for you.

Live with 218 until you can get a new phone :)

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
So the thing is I hacked my Lumia 520 through registry to make it support downloading of Redstone builds. Well I don't know if it is working or not yet because if I choose Fast ring on windows insider app I get no updates available in settings update section. Well then I chose slow ring and I got 14295.1000 update so I just wanna ask that is there any thing else that I can do to get the fast ring updates or should I just stay on slow ring as it is working for me somehow. And that what is the latest build for the slow ring members. Thanks
P.s. I didn't search the forum because I didn't know what to search for since my phone is hacked.

SGRUNT, I tried hacked registry too on my 520, but no update for me, it was just onluy for testing purpose, I already know that's like pulling a truck with a fiat500 :(

Wich procedure do you follow?

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
SGRUNT, I tried hacked registry too on my 520, but no update for me, it was just onluy for testing purpose, I already know that's like pulling a truck with a fiat500 :(

Wich procedure do you follow?

Here is a link to the forum page: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile/416382-18.htm
P.S. I can only get the updates in the slow ring for now, no updates show up in the fast ring.
[Edit]
The Redstone builds are working quite fine for my Lumia 520 so I will stick to the hacked registry method as far as I can get the updates.

Ahmar16

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok so I'm kindly asking you to go back to 218 :) it seems the two latest builds have been putting phones into bootloops and considering that you have a 512mb device, the latest builds definitely aren't for you.

Live with 218 until you can get a new phone :)
These builds are working fine for me and there are not any deal breakers. By the way I am using my phone as a daily driver and everything seems to be fine. :)

npradeeppai

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

Bro I too use NL 520 im on redstone build 14393.693
1) Opt out of insider preview
2) While hacking registery alter device targeting info to that of Lumia 1520
3) Restart phone
4) Go to Settings> Display settings > (size of text... On this disply) side it to minimum
5) Go to start screen settings enable more tiles..
6) Now check if you are on tablet mode ( open file manager app ad turn landscape mode)
7) Restart phone
8) Check update
Thats what i did.. It worked for me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett