Insider preview 14328 won't install (Stuck at 100% preparing to install)

Piedro92

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I'm currently running build 14316rs1. I checked for updates last night to get the new preview and downloaded it. However, as soon as it hits 100% of preparing to install updates, the settings menu crashes (?) and I have to click install now again, until infinity.

Is this a known issue? Does anyone know a workaround besides reverting to previous build and trying again?

Running from:
Surface 3 64GB Model
2GB RAM
Intel Atom 1.73ghz quad core.
Windows 10 download files are saved to my SD card.

kklkn

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with the exact same surface 3, on the same build, let me know if you find something.
So far I have tried to restart Windows update, to delete the software distribution folder, but to no avail.

I cannot reset the surface on this build, it says there was a problem during the preparation to reset... I'm stuck with 14316..

Magellan

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue on a Winbook 7" tablet. It just says "Preparing to Install updates 100%" and that is as far as I can get.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Do any of you have SD cards connected? Maybe try removing them before the update. I've always read about people having issues with sdcards inserted.

Piedro92

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by kklkn
I have the exact same problem with the exact same surface 3, on the same build, let me know if you find something.
So far I have tried to restart Windows update, to delete the software distribution folder, but to no avail.

I cannot reset the surface on this build, it says there was a problem during the preparation to reset... I'm stuck with 14316..

You always have a USB-drive, so you can mount an ISO onto an USB and install from there. In other words: You're not stuck :).

I tried canceling the update by switching to slow ring and back to fast ring again after a reboot. Fingers crossed..

Alex Chance

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue here on a Windows 10 VM in Azure. I am also on build 14316.rs1. Gets to "Preparing to Install Updates 100%" and then just closes the window. Tried restarting. Not sure what else to do. Took me forever to get build 14316 installed a couple weeks ago. Anybody found a fix yet?

ZReese

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem as others have reported. I go to Windows Update, it goes to "Preparing to install updates 100%" immediately, halts, and then eventually closes the window itself with no updates taking place. Even if I restart, it does nothing. Sounds like it's a wider issue.

jayinatlanta

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much. You're absolutely right. As soon as I took out my SD card and rebooted, it found the update and worked to install it perfectly smoothly.

Joseph Taibi

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
You always have a USB-drive, so you can mount an ISO onto an USB and install from there. In other words: You're not stuck :).

I tried canceling the update by switching to slow ring and back to fast ring again after a reboot. Fingers crossed..

Where does one find the ISO version to download rather than using the windows update process? My update keeps failing with the following error:

Windows 10 Insider Preview 14332 - Error 0xc0000409

Piedro92

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by Joseph Taibi
Originally Posted by Piedro92

Where does one find the ISO version to download rather than using the windows update process? My update keeps failing with the following error:

Windows 10 Insider Preview 14332 - Error 0xc0000409

I downloaded the ISO from the regular w10 site and went from that. I believe it was build 14295! Removing the SD card fixed my issues btw.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes