Wallet 2.0 with NFC Tap to Pay is now rolling out to Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring (US only)

deuce01

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Updated my Lumia Icon (929) to 14367 on Slow Ring and have downloaded Wallet 2.0 (as well as all other apps mentioned). I can add loyalty cards but no option for credit/debit cards. Looks like they're definitely holding back the feature for all but the devices mentioned. Hopefully that'll change in near future. :unhappy:

Deuce

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
To be fair, my 920 did get it for about 3 months. Until that company got bought by Google.

Originally posted by DavidinCT
Originally Posted by Sedp23
Pointless when there's battery any phones that work. The 640 and 640 XL are only a year old and aren't on the list

Sent from mTalk

Microsoft has been saying it's coming for about 4-5 years now. Crap the 920 was not even out when Microsoft SAID it was coming....Here they add it and blacklist about 98% of Windows Phone users...

Great Job Microsoft, find a way to screw over your loyal customers by finding the quickest way to add this feature to phones... A 4 year old Android phone can use Tap 2 Pay with ANY CARD but, a 2 year old Windows Phone cant ? It boggles the mind, it really does.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have been spamming Ally Bank with messages that they need to support this. But they don't even support Android pay yet so we may be in for a long wait.

And of course the day that I say Ally Bank doesn't support Android Pay they announce support for Android Pay and Samsung Pay. So now they support the big 3 mobile payments (Apple Pay supported since March 2016). It really shouldn't be hard for Ally Bank to support Microsoft Wallet as well.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
News excerpt from Pocketnow and note the text in bold/italic.

Hope Microsoft reads about it and bring their Wallet payment service to Singapore and others soon instead of focusing on the US market ONLY.

Singapore completes digital wallet trifecta with regional Android Pay launch

The world?s 113[SUP]th[/SUP] largest country by population and 190[SUP]th[/SUP] by area is also somehow one of the most technologically advanced, with the absolute fastest LTE connections, light-years ahead of the US, and starting today, islandwide Android Pay support in addition to Apple Pay and Samsung Pay functionality.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Successfully added both of my new BofA cards. One credit card and one debit card. Used the feature this morning and it worked like a charm!

Shaz2012

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Worked flawlessly. I had a galaxy s7 edge and sometimes had trouble with it. Unlocked phone, tapped nothing happened. Waited, tapped again and nothing happened. Sometime it worked on the 1st attempt other times it didn't and in those instances i opened and closed android Pay in order to get it to worked.
On my 950xl, I unlocked it, and as I brought my phone close to the card reader, I got a message on my phone to tap the card reader, I did and it worked.

BonzeUK

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by andyqkwI know, but Microsoft should/could have chosen to test their Wallet payment where NFC payment is widely accepted instead of limiting it to US only where it is so dated.
Not sure what you mean by "so dated"? They all use the same back end process.
Is there something new in the Singapore release that no-one else in the world has? Or are you assuming that just because it was announced a week ago it must be 'newer'?

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried adding a BofA credit card and it said it wasn't supported yet. Anyone else having problems adding cards that are supposed to work?

Well, as suspected, a hard reset fixed it. I was able to add a BofA card in 30 seconds-- super painless. Have to test it out at a store now.

andyqkw

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by "so dated"? They all use the same back end process.
Is there something new in the Singapore release that no-one else in the world has? Or are you assuming that just because it was announced a week ago it must be 'newer'?

Other countries have beed using Credit Card with EMV for years whereas US is still using Magentic Strips and just picking up on the EMV part.

Likewise for NFC payment.

sketchy9

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
My wallet app just deleted my cards and now gives me no option to add new ones. Running the latest fast ring build and wallet 2.0. It was working fine a week ago.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes