Messaging Everywhere DISABLED - anyone angry?

Bob Sled

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey there fellow readers!

Aside from asking pertinent questions like the "Wen in India?" phrase, is anyone here also miffed at the constant reversal of direction at Microsoft regarding Messaging? I may as well copy verbatim from the Feedback Hub entry I submitted....

Messaging Everywhere needs to be RE-ENABLED

DO NOT KEEP FLIP-FLOPPING on your direction. Pick something and stick with it.

- Windows Phone 8. Inbuilt messaging with Facebook and other clients. Very cool.
- This is disabled in Windows Phone 8.1
- introduced Skype functionality into SMS messaging on Windows 10 mobile
- shortly after, Skype messaging in the app is disabled, without a decent upgrade to the Skype app
- introduced Messaging Everywhere via Cortana in W10 insider builds. It works very well and allows very fast and seamless communication with phone contacts. Few rough edges but awesome nonetheless
- Messaging app is now read-only and no further messages are possible from the PC. We are told that Skype messaging is the future.

The reason we choose Microsoft services has been versatility, and since the new direction, accessibility of our data, apps and services across platforms and devices. YOU ARE NEUTERING THE VERY THING YOU ARE STRIVING FOR.

We've stuck with and defended you. Bring back native Messaging!

If your thoughts echo mine, please consider giving it an upvote and/or supporting comment in the app. I really do use this feature heavily and there's no way I'm completely alone in my opinions (there are 7 billion people in the world after all :confused:)

Cheers!

Xented

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Here is my issue. They had something that works, and they took it down. Why not keep it while you build out your new direction fully and then migrate users. It is essentially delaying a highly useful feature set that is complete, in order to push skype into the mainstream. While I understand and respect their decision to bundle skype into the messaging, offering a facetime/imessage competitor, the execution of implementation was poor. Migrating users between the two services should have been the way to go, although i'm not sure of the technical issues that could arise. I

'm not angry, i'm disappointing. Execution of these features should be much better than what is currently going on.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I found the feature quite useful and convenient.

If SMS is going into Skype and it will work the same across devices, fine. But my issue is WHEN will it ever be ready?

My biggest gripe with Microsoft is that they will kill something useful, and it is months, years, or never before the replacement is ready, and the replacement is not likely to work as well as what they got rid of. Anybody with a lick of sense knows you don't get rid of something unless you already have a working replacement for it.

Is this the way Microsoft's project managers think? "Oh, I plan to buy a Tesla next year. Let me go ahead and sell my car now, and have to walk to work every day."

Xented

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I found the feature quite useful and convenient.

If SMS is going into Skype and it will work the same across devices, fine. But my issue is WHEN will it ever be ready?

My biggest gripe with Microsoft is that they will kill something useful, and it is months, years, or never before the replacement is ready, and the replacement is not likely to work as well as what they got rid of. Anybody with a lick of sense knows you don't get rid of something unless you already have a working replacement for it.

Is this the way Microsoft's project managers think? "Oh, I plan to buy a Tesla next year. Let me go ahead and sell my car now, and have to walk to work every day."

Well put good sir, well put.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon