Store app doesn't find Fast Ring updates [w/ fix]

constantreader16

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the newest fast ring build (14955) and some of the newest fast ring apps don't seem to be updating.

This includes:
- Skype Preview
- Outlook Mail
- Groove Music

Interestingly enough it appears MSN News did update to the most recent version, but that appears to be the only one.

Things I have tried:
- Soft Reset
- Regular Restart
- Switching Rings
- Signing out of Store App

[EDIT]
So after playing around I tried two more workarounds one that didn't work, one that did.

The first work around that I tried that did not work was uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I tried this with the Skype Preview app. The result is that I uninstalled version 11.8.202.0 and reinstalled version 11.8.197.0. I essentially rolled back a minor update.

The second, and successful workaround, was to set the device forward in date (I went forward a month), and then searched for updates through the store. This actually worked. I reset the date after I searched for updates and before the apps downloaded, but it still worked (some of the apps initially had errors likely due to date change) and I was able to install app updates (all from the Fast Ring I assume) including: Movies & TV, Microsoft Phone, OneDrive, Outlook Mail and Calendar, Skype Preview, Windows Maps, Microsoft People, and Messaging + Skype.

This seems to have completely fixed the issue as I had to do a restart to clear errors on two of the apps and they successfully updated after the restart.

Last edited:

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem, but the work around didn't fix it for some reason. For me it occurred after updating my HP Elite X3 using WDRT and upgrading to 14955

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
After trying the update timeout fix (date change), I gave up and after a few hours (when I woke up) all the fast ring apps were available.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I think it depends on how you updated to 14955. I used the "set date 5 days ahead and update then change date again" technique. So it "updated" on Oct. 30, but it was really the 25. Now that it's Oct. 31, updates are working fine. I might be wrong but that's my theory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro