Windows 10 Mobile build 14977 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
950 here and haven't been able to update any apps since the upgrade. Stuck in the dreaded "Downloading 0.10KB of x KB" and "Pending". Now up to 14 apps it wants to update including the store. Tried all the soft reset, in/out of airplane mode, pause all/resume some, etc. The really odd thing is if I pick an app I haven't installed yet and install it, it works just fine. It just can't update apps.

Mark F24

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
I installed on my 950 and outlook was missing.....i installed on my 950xl and Groove is missing. It's like Cracker Jacks! A surprise in every package!

NXTwoThou

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I used "Reset my Phone" last night because it was so unstable. Doing the restore only restored about half my apps. I had to force install a lot of the built-in apps like Outlook Mail and Calendar. The really goofy thing is after it finished installing, my tile on my home screen for Outlook Mail was greyed out but Calendar was fine. Clicking the mail tile took me to the store to tell me it was already installed. I had to unpin and repin to start. I finally got everything set back up last night(and double checked the store didn't have any updates this morning before leaving for work) and when I got to work I went about filling my phone back up with my music and photos(well, only 16GB worth). On a lark, I went to the store and it just updated 17 apps. There's some serious weirdness with this build. I think this is one of those "ignore things until next flight" builds.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I used "Reset my Phone" last night because it was so unstable. Doing the restore only restored about half my apps. I had to force install a lot of the built-in apps like Outlook Mail and Calendar. The really goofy thing is after it finished installing, my tile on my home screen for Outlook Mail was greyed out but Calendar was fine. Clicking the mail tile took me to the store to tell me it was already installed. I had to unpin and repin to start. I finally got everything set back up last night(and double checked the store didn't have any updates this morning before leaving for work) and when I got to work I went about filling my phone back up with my music and photos(well, only 16GB worth). On a lark, I went to the store and it just updated 17 apps. There's some serious weirdness with this build. I think this is one of those "ignore things until next flight" builds.
Nah, Insider Fast Ring is like a roller coaster man. You can't jump off or take a break - your on for the WHOLE RIDE ! :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I do find it odd that even on the same model of phone, people can have massively different experiences with the very same version of the OS. Are there differences in hardware under the surface that aren't readily apparent or something?

Also, how weird is this, I lost all my contact photos some months back (for the second time), and vowed that I would never spend the necessary time to add them again, and that's how I left it, the only circles showing anything other blank were xbox related ones, but tonight, suddenly all my contact photos have re-appeared. Why and how after so many months has this suddenly repopulated itself. I'm pleased, don't get me wrong, but the whole inconsistency of the OS is troubling. The only thing more troubling is the alternatives i.e. IOS and Android!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I do find it odd that even on the same model of phone, people can have massively different experiences with the very same version of the OS. Are there differences in hardware under the surface that aren't readily apparent or something?

Also, how weird is this, I lost all my contact photos some months back (for the second time), and vowed that I would never spend the necessary time to add them again, and that's how I left it, the only circles showing anything other blank were xbox related ones, but tonight, suddenly all my contact photos have re-appeared. Why and how after so many months has this suddenly repopulated itself. I'm pleased, don't get me wrong, but the whole inconsistency of the OS is troubling. The only thing more troubling is the alternatives i.e. IOS and Android!
All that is the BEST part of Win10M WITH Insider Fastrack. It's such an adventure :winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I lost all my contact photos some months back (for the second time), and vowed that I would never spend the necessary time to add them again, and that's how I left it, the only circles showing anything other blank were xbox related ones, but tonight, suddenly all my contact photos have re-appeared. Why and how after so many months has this suddenly repopulated itself.

It might be because they have re-merged Skype and messenger again, just a guess? I have had some strange behavior as a result, myself.

peter leung 10586

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
same here. a lot of apps missing.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/446745-home-screen-14977-a.html

pbbomfim

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
Is there anyone else who's having problems with Edge?
The thing just can't work properly anymore since the last two builds.

TerjeF

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
With the 2 last builds, the Store is not updating any apps anymore. I do a check, nothing. Then search for "Word" and the app-page is showing and immediately start updating. Any workaround this?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Edge doesn't work very well at all in this build, I was trying to do something this morning and it just would not register any input on the screen, locking and unlocking did not resolve this. I've had other Edge weirdness in this build as well, as well as issues searching with Cortana etc. Bring on the next build asap. As usual with these insider builds though, it's one step forward and two steps back... Definitely an adventure as Shamshi said.

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
In the official windows blog it is stated that "Notifications from Settings can now be customized or disabled – option is available under Settings > System > Notifications > Settings". Can you find this option and, if so, can you provide some details about how it works?

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
In the official windows blog it is stated that "Notifications from Settings can now be customized or disabled – option is available under Settings > System > Notifications > Settings". Can you find this option and, if so, can you provide some details about how it works?
On my Lumia ICON that's the exact right location and its totally self explanatory.

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Alan. Since I cannot find that option, can you be so kind to confirm me how that works? I mean, does that mean you can now disable notifications for all apps in one go? And does that mean that you now can disable banner notifications for all apps in one go without having to disable banner notifications for every single app? Thanks a lot

Last edited:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Still get a delay when hitting the wake up button. Red iris scanner light comes on red but screen remains black and blank for a while before the device finally decides to wake. Often times when this happens too, the screen is severely dimmed. A quick restart helps fix it, but it comes back every once in a while.

I have the same problem and for me it is explicitly linked to Whatsapp Voice calls.

foxtwo1811

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I misunderstood the meaning of the new functionality, I am sorry.
Now it is clear to me that now it is only possible to customize or disable the “Settings” app notifications in the same way it happens for the other apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon