Windows 10 Mobile build 14977 Discussion (Redstone 2; Fast Ring)

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well........I think all of the random resets,battery pulls, and soft resets finally did my phone in (AT&T Lumia 950)...........my phone has just gave up on this build, since it will not even turn on, and is unrecognized by the device recovery software........any suggestions would be helpful - im completely fine with a full reset, ill bring it back to stock, i dont care - but it wont turn on at all.

I guess ill be heading to the MS store this afternoon if i cant get it on.

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
So I just turned on my 950XL after not having used it for a week or so. Naturally, I had lots of app updates pending, the first of which was to the Store app. Unfortunately, after that app updated, it will no longer open. Just goes right back to the Start screen whenever I try to open it. Anybody else seeing this? I tried a device restart and a soft reset with no luck.

oscarodas

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Phone 950XL, every time i take a picture or screenshot, I can see them, but when I go to photos app or file manager and open the respective folder I can see that all the photos are there on small icons, but when I try to open any picture all i get is a black screen, and the app crashes, anyone has the same problem? Thanks.

anon(5680040)

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Phone 950XL, every time i take a picture or screenshot, I can see them, but when I go to photos app or file manager and open the respective folder I can see that all the photos are there on small icons, but when I try to open any picture all i get is a black screen, and the app crashes, anyone has the same problem? Thanks.

I have the same problem.
Double tap the black screen and then scale the photo.
If you crop it will appear ok
Lumia 950

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Any noteworthy additions/changes?

Other than the removal of the Windows Hello wink, I dont see anything. Performance is good so far but you know how that can change. I did have to re-login when I tried to access the store.
I'm aware of the possibility I may have to reset to move to the next build but hey, a reset is good to do every now and then. I haven't done one in a year.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Git 15007 NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:winktongue:

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 15007.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member