youtube suggests I need an app for that

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
My tablet died and needed to use my phone to search for a solution to the error. However when I am at youtube and try to watch a video, it says I need to find an app to do that. And it searches for something like RTSP. Anyone else getting this?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My tablet died and needed to use my phone to search for a solution to the error. However when I am at youtube and try to watch a video, it says I need to find an app to do that. And it searches for something like RTSP. Anyone else getting this?

First of all if you are using windows 10 or windows 8 you can download any number of youtube apps from the store suchas metrotube, mytube! or Tubecast.

The same applies if you are using Windows phone 8.x or windows mobile 10.x.

That would be easiest solution, as sometimes I've noticed if you use youtube in the browser it injects something into the url and it prevents the video from loading. For example If I want to watch a embedded video on an article but full screen is not supported, I sometimes to go to the source video page and copy the url to paste it into Metrotube or Mytube - long press on a embedded youtube video is hit and miss these days.

RobbieRobski

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
W10M, but I realized the problem was that edge was set to use desktop version and youtube ignored that and tried to load some strange mobile version. Once I set it back to mobile youtube worked fine.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
W10M, but I realized the problem was that edge was set to use desktop version and youtube ignored that and tried to load some strange mobile version. Once I set it back to mobile youtube worked fine.

For better experience I would recommend Mytube! or Metrotube and not the browser. Also you would not get any adverts, which is a bonus :).

Personally, I feel that given that we're all caked in adverts 24/7 a little reprieve goes along way especially on a small screen suchas smartphones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs