I can't install .Appx files anymore

74lobster

Feb 28, 2021
Visit site
Hi, I'm Cesare and I type from Bologna (Italy) and I have a PC with the Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview - Build 21322.rs_prerelease.210220-1651 version installed.

I made some changes to the system registry and now every time I want to launch an .Appx file, instead of opening and installing the application normally by clicking twice on it, an error window
opens where I read "Interface not registered" with a Red X and obviously I can't install .Appx programs.

How do you advise me to do?
I don't know much about these things, maybe I should uninstall the application that manages the .Appx files with powershell and then re-install it, but I know little about these things,
you should give me a detailed explanation, as long as you know how to fix the problem ....

Thanks to all in advance.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
since you are using the insiders preview, it would be best to post in Microsoft own community. There are too many things different between the preview version and the version used by everyone else.
T

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Microsoft Store applications are mostly based on Appx.files and commercial office software are based on (RAD) also have Appx file formats so its surprising that Program based on Appx.files had an installation problem. So you must have a serious bug. What changes you made in the registry editor??

I think there is no harm for a normal user to try Release preview Ring. Beta is for enthusiast and Dev is for tech guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism