Desktop not available in app list

top1percent

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

I've been trying to the point that I'm just frustrated trying to open the desktop preview while I'm in the cliff house. Everything says to hit the Windows button on the controller> go to all apps > and select desktop. I don't have a desktop app for some reason. I'm not sure why it's not there, but how can I add it back into the apps so I can open a window while I'm hanging in the cliff house??

Any help is appreciated!

Brad

top1percent

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I was able to finally get it opened by asking Cortana to launch desktop. Once I did that it now shows available in "all apps". Strange, but at least it's back!! Thanks!

krisguy

VR Expert
Sep 30, 2007
Visit site
This is a issue that comes up from time to time during updates to the WMR software. The Cortana fix always takes care of it, in my experience. If it doesn't, uninstall/reinstall WMR to clear the files.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was able to finally get it opened by asking Cortana to launch desktop. Once I did that it now shows available in "all apps". Strange, but at least it's back!! Thanks!
Glad you got it sorted out. I, too, recently received into this issue. If a person don't have a mic set up for Cortana, I wonder how they would solve this problem, other than reinstalling everything?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon